Brown Family Blog

This is the online journal of the Dale and Rita Brown Family.

Saturday, June 11, 2005

My life

Here's a great quote I read today:

Life is not a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in a pretty and well-preserved body, but rather to skid in broadside, thoroughly used up, totally worn out, and loudly proclaiming, “Wow! What a ride!”

(Could this describe your trip, Grandma & Grandpa and Mitch?)

Life feels very much like a roller coaster--sometimes going click-click-click and sometimes flying through the loops and turns and ups and downs. Each day is full of emotion--Thursday the ladies at church had a "garden tea party" for me, which was precious. Yesterday Ben and I wept again and again as we wrote a letter to the church to be included in this week's bulletin--just remembering all the precious people who have loved us so thoroughly. Tomorrow he leads worship for the last time, we have an open house (the realtor kind) in the afternoon, then our going-away party is tomorrow night.

Then starts the awkward "We said goodbye, but they're still here" time. And of course, packing up and asking people for money. It's going to be quite a ride!

Pray, and laugh. What else can we do? And thank God for His presence in every moment. He is so good.

2 Comments:

At 1:44 PM, Blogger dale brown said...

Trisha, It sounds like you are going through a really challenging time in your lives. I wish I were closer to encourage you. I´m afraid there is no way to make it easy--just go through to the other side. Have they turned you loose to raise support yet?

When I get home we will start making plans for your new home. If we can get some of the painting and carpet done as soon as it closes, it would really help.

I am anxious to see you all again. I can´t begin to tell you how proud we are of Mitch. He has been a doll. I can´t wait to see Katy, Alex, and Elijah again.

Hang in there. Change is always challenging, and growing pains always hurt. Probably most every emotion you have ever felt is being touched right now. It would be a good time to keep a gratitude journal. You will be surprised at what you are thankful for right now. I love you, Mom

 
At 3:52 PM, Blogger Jill said...

Hey Trisha!
Big day today - I'm thinking of you, Ben & the kids. I can't imagine the range of emotions you're going through - just know you're in our hearts right now!

Tim wrote a message on the front of our bulletin this morning that shared the decision for you guys to come to Odessa. That was news to lots of people, and they came up to Cary & I and told us how exciting they thought it was - we definitely agree!

I guess the party will be kind of sweet & kind of sad all at the same time tonight - let us know how it goes!
Love you guys!

 

Post a Comment

<< Home