Brown Family Blog

This is the online journal of the Dale and Rita Brown Family.

Saturday, June 11, 2005

A Word from Mitch

Once again, I´m just giving a report from Brazil. This time, I don't have anything really exciting. The funnest thing I´ve done in the past couple days is going to the creek. I got to wade through all the white-water ( I slipped a couple times). I only got to do this for about thirty minutes, but it was thirty minutes well-spent. I was actually going to jump off a waterfall, but we didn't have enough time. Although we didn't have time to jump off one, we did get to see another really big one in the area. It was fascinating that there were no gates around it. It must have been 100ft. high, and we could have walked right off it.On top of that, this waterfall was inside a national park.
Anyways, other than that, these last couple days have been fairly boring. I've used this time to read, and of course, play my PSP. I also wasted my hours away watching everbody's favorite channel, CNN. It was all I find in English.
Right now, we're in hospitality heaven, Leila and Zanatta's house. They have a really cool house, which they designed themselves. Larissa speaks great English ( of course), Leila knows enough to communicaite, and Zanatta has been taking an English course with a bunch of kids for one year now. He says it's a little bit awkward being the only one in the class older than twelve.
One more thing I have to say before I go is, one of the first things she asked me is how Ashley and Emily were. And also, there's a picture of Abby Claire holding a frog at Brownwood in their kitchen. They asked alot about the rest of the family.

gotta go ( the PSP is calling my name),
Mitch

3 Comments:

At 10:18 PM, Blogger Jill said...

Thanks, Mitch, for posting - you know that really does make my day.
Melissa came over & watched the kids tonight while dad & I went on a date. We went to go see the movie "Cinderella Man." True story, so I liked it a lot, so did dad. We'll have to tell you about it when you get home.
Tell Leila, Zanatta, and Larissa how much we appreciate them for being "hospitality heaven." Give them hugs and our love.
We're going to early service tomorrow - we'll miss you giving us a hard time about that.
I'm so proud of you,
Mom

 
At 3:51 PM, Blogger LeeAnn said...

Hey Mitch,
This is Connor and boy am I missing you. Today I had a party and it would have been a lot better if you were here. Can't wait till you get back and tell me all about it.And trust me things are really dull around here.
Have fun,
Connor

 
At 3:55 PM, Blogger LeeAnn said...

Hey Mitch,
I haven't talked to you in a long time! I read some of your blog and it sounds like you are having a blast! I cant wait till u get back and tell me about it. I got back from Panama a few days ago and it was realy really fun. Well I am going to go now but I will talk to you when you get back.
Enjoy,
Tanner Dobbs :D

 

Post a Comment

<< Home