Brown Family Blog

This is the online journal of the Dale and Rita Brown Family.

Saturday, June 11, 2005

back to reality

It's been funny to realize how many uninterrupted conversations Randy and I had this past week and how incredibly clean our house stayed - without kids. Made me think that it would be a little sad someday when there are no more toys all over the floor and no more NOISE (right now Randy, the boys, and a neighbor kid are all wrestling upstairs- it sounds like the ceiling in the living room is about to come crashing down)!!
It goes without saying that Aunt Jill did an incredible job!! As far as I know, she still has her sanity (but I think I probably showed up just in time - ha!). THANK you, Jill, for giving us such a huge blessing. Forget us at Christmas - you just gave us a gift for at least 3 years worth!!
We're just trying to adjust to life back together now. McKenna was beginning to wear a little yesterday by the time we started home from Midland. She spilled water on herself in the car and DRAMATICALLY exclaimed "I hate myself!! I wish I were dead!!" I was a bit shocked by the seriousness of this situation and told her to not even speak those words, to which she replied, "But I do wish I was dead." Then she just laid there and cried, saying she never wanted to ride in the car again. Overall, she is a very reasonable, levelheaded little girl, but when she occasionally gets pushed over her threshold, the drama is unbelievable! She needs her space, and after a week of being with people all the time, it was showing. She's been in her room playing by herself most of the day!
Randy's party last night was such a blessing. We had it at the Millers' house with 7 other couples. Kim made phenomenal fajitas and then everyone went around blessing Randy. It would have made all of you cry to hear the things that everyone said about him. The theme seemed to be humility, faithfulness, perseverance (stubborn in the Lord), intensity, and child-like faith. Brent Pennington sent him a postcard and said, "I have never believed in anyone like I believe in you. I don't think I could miss you more than I do." Jamey mentioned at the end of his blessing, "I would lay down my life for you, brother." Just reminds me that Randy Brown has caused a lot of people to love him dearly! I'm really proud of him! Keep him in your prayers - this job has MANY new challenges! The encouragement came at a really good time - it seems like Fridays at work are probably going to be a little more draining and faith-building than the rest of the week.

Hope you guys have a blessed week! Hopefully, we'll be coming to the lake on July 4th. We're praying about whether or not to stay here and hang out in Como - it's a big year - 100th anniversary.

Love you all,
Anda

4 Comments:

At 3:02 PM, Blogger Jill said...

Hey Anda!
My sanity has always been in question - who knows where it was on Wednesday! "Re-entry" is what I call it when I get back from a trip without kids. Whatever you call it, it's never pretty!
Sounds like Randy's party was awesome - how great to take the time to tell someone how valuable they are - you really are, Randy.
Hope we get to see you guys on the 4th!

 
At 3:51 PM, Blogger Trisha said...

I'm trying not to dread Katy's growing up! It seems she's already hormonal at 3, so I'm not sure what to think about 13!!! I will be glad to learn from you who have gone before me!

I'm glad you had a wonderful time without kids. Jill is an incredible aunt! And of course, I'm glad (not surprised) to know that others see in Randy the qualities we see and respect.

I want to hear more about your job, Randy. What about Fridays?

love you,
Trisha

 
At 9:20 AM, Blogger Alan said...

I tried to call Randy on his birthday but it was in the middle of the day and I'm sure he was mending the sick and wounded. Randy, I echo the words of your friends at your party the other night. I am always challenged and encouraged by your example. I pray that God continues to show his favor on you. I am proud to call you my brother.

 
At 2:29 PM, Blogger LeeAnn said...

Randy... Happy Birthday! I know Tod talked to you but I wanted to say how much we love you and really look up to you in so many ways. Sounds like your day was happy and a real blessing to you and Anda both.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home