Brown Family Blog

This is the online journal of the Dale and Rita Brown Family.

Wednesday, June 08, 2005

Bad Translating Idea

It seems the reverse to English didn't look that well. I'm hoping the actual Portuguese is a little better. At worst, it can be a good laugh, so please include our intent to the Brazilians after the good laugh :o) . I thought about a quick edit, but who knows who's already seen it. Here is what I actually wrote before translating:

Greetings!
April and I want to say a quick hello. We have enjoyed seeing Larissa in Austin from time to time. I know you are glad to have her back home in Brazil. We hope to come visit you some time, and we hope to see you sometime soon in Texas or Brazil.
Please forgive any errors with automatic translator. Also, please give greetings to your family from us.
Warmest regards,
James and April Cogburn

The reverse translating read:

Greetings! April and I want to say a quick one hello. We enjoy seeing Larissa in Austin now and then. I know that you are cheerful have your home bun in Brazil. We are going to come visit you some time, and we expect sees-read sometime soon in Texas or Brazil. Please it forgives any errors with automatic translating. Also, please gives greetings to its family of us.
Hot considera,

Oh, well, it was worth a try.

-James

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home