Brown Family Blog

This is the online journal of the Dale and Rita Brown Family.

Wednesday, June 08, 2005

Mitch update #2

This is Mitch ( Aunt Trisha, how could you doubt me?). Fortunately, and unusually, we did not have a flight today. we've had 7 flights in 6 days so far. Instead of hopping from place to place on an airplane, we took two boat tours and walked countless miles in and around Iguacu Falls National Park. During the first boat tour, the boat actually went under one of the falls. We were soaked. On the second boat ride, we saw four caimans (minature alligators). The first one we saw was a baby. It was kinda cute really. The second one was the exact opposite. at ~6ft. long, it was the biggest one we saw. It was just a little bit freaky. The third was right in between. It looked about 4ft. long to me. After that, I had a little suprise. Another 4 footer, which we weren't looking at, thrashed out of the water right next to where I was sitting ( we were in a tiny little raft). I was so scared I almost fell in.
As I said earlier, we also walked through several miles of the subtropical rainforests in the surrounding area. There were over 600 kinds of butterflies there. They were everywhere( including on my face).
We spent most of the day in the country of Argentina, across the river from Brazil. We also went to Paraguay, to make a total of three countries in one day. In Paraguay, we saw the largest hydro-electric plant in the world.
Right now, I'm headed off to watch the Brazil-Argentina soccer game, as I'm on the Brazil-Argentina border. Argentina is first in the standings, while Brazil is second. And to make it even more interesting, it's a one point difference. Let's just say the tention is high enough I'm expecting to hear of at least a couple of fights in local bars before the night is over.
mitch

2 Comments:

At 9:59 PM, Blogger Jill said...

Mitch, you're making your momma laugh tonight! Don't even tease me about you falling in alligator infested waters - I can't take it!
You had ANOTHER amazing day - wow! The butterflies sound really cool - I talked to grandpa and he said that you took more pictures of them than grandma - now that's a lot of pictures! I'll look forward to seeing every one.
Since you're with your grandparents, I'm not too worried about you witnessing any bar fights after the soccer game - let us know who won.
Aunt Anda picked up the kiddos today - they sure were sweet. Moriah ran up to me at church tonight which made me feel great. Our big outing today was to see Aunt Holly's puppies and getting a snow cone at the Beach. I got Tiger's Blood in honor of you.
Love you kiddo - keep blogging!
mom

 
At 10:36 PM, Blogger Trisha said...

Oh, no! I don't doubt you at all! You are an amazing guy, full of hidden and amazing talents! I'm loving hearing about your adventures. I remember Iguacu Falls, thinking it was just incredible. Your dad and I went there together when we were in college. I thought it was so cool to be in 3 countries in one day.
Keep us posted on your adventures!

Love,
Aunt Trisha

 

Post a Comment

<< Home