Brown Family Blog

This is the online journal of the Dale and Rita Brown Family.

Tuesday, June 07, 2005

Mitch update

This morning, we went to Copacabana Beach again. It's the most beautiful place I have ever seen( with a pair of blinders on). The missionaries said it was the official bikini capitol of the world. All I saw was a bunch of 50 year-old 275 lb. men in speedos. Let's just say you need more than sunglasses to protect your eyes.
We're in Iguacu falls now. We've taken the helicopter tour and the tour on foot. i liked the one on foot better because of the rainforest wildlife. I actually got to pet some wild monkeys(they looked more like racoons). The falls were great, but Rio was better. our hotel overlooked one of at least seven beaches. After seeing all of them from the Christ statue and Sugarloaf, I decided Copacabana (the one our hotel was on) was definetly the best. There's palm trees everywhere!
The harbor was really great too. There were huge( ~1,000ft. on average occording to gpa) rocks sticking up everywhere. Among these, was Sugarloaf. There was ocean as far as I could see on one side, and the city of Rio on the other. Inland, we went to the top of the mountain where they have the Christ statue, where we saw the town of Niteroi connected to Rio by bridge. The soccer stadium was hard to miss from the mountain. They say it can hold up to 170,000 people. We saw alot of beaches on the mountain, but some of the beaches in Rio were only visible from Sugarloaf. About halfway down the mountain, we saw some little monkeys eating fruit(we took several pictures). I thank God for this wonderful experience.
mitch

2 Comments:

At 11:24 PM, Blogger Jill said...

Hey Mitch!
Sounds like another full day of adventure for you! I'm so glad you got to go on a helicopter tour of the falls and made it out alive to tell us about it! It really does sound wonderful, and I loved your description of the great rocks in the harbor. Can't wait to see some pictures!
We survived the country club pool today without much trouble - Emily got stung by a wasp and didn't blow up like a balloon so we don't think she's allergic like dad is.
The kids had another good day and Aunt Anda will come get them tomorrow.
Dad left for Houston tonight and will be back late Friday night.
I love you, I miss you, and keep those blinders on when you're on the beach!
Mom

 
At 9:19 AM, Blogger Trisha said...

Mitch--
As I was reading your blog, I kept trying to decide if it was really you writing or if maybe Grandma or Grandpa wrote it for you! You are such a great writer--a talent that doesn't surprise me, but one I didn't know about yet.

Sounds like you are having an amazing experience. Give G & G hugs for us!

 

Post a Comment

<< Home