Brown Family Blog

This is the online journal of the Dale and Rita Brown Family.

Monday, January 31, 2005

Allison Turn's 10!

I feel like I have been doing a great deal of deep thinking lately. There are many reasons for this, but lately it seems that the fact that my oldest child is turning 10 years old has weighed on my mind. I don't feel old enough to have a child who is 10 years old. It seems like just yesterday we were in a hospital room in Thousand Oaks, California trying to figure out who she looked like. 10 years later that issue is quite settled. I fondly refer to Allison as Holly, Jr. I know what many of you are thinking, and yes, it is a blessing.

As I think back over the last 10 years, my life hasn't gone exactly as I scripted it, but I wouldn't trade places with anyone. God has blessed my family beyond anything that we could even dream of. Especially with my little Allison. She is a beautiful little girl both inside and out. She is brilliant (another of her mother's characteristics) and funny and I love to be around her. When you spend very much time with Allison you realize that she loves people. She loves to sit and talk and find out what's on your mind. Young or old, it doesn't seem to matter. I pray that I can have that kind of heart for people. So I thank God for a beautiful daughter that has a heart for God and a heart for people. I know that God is going to use her for some mighty things. He already is. Happy Birthday Allison. Your daddy loves you!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home