Brown Family Blog

This is the online journal of the Dale and Rita Brown Family.

Thursday, January 27, 2005

Hey Family

I just read Mike Cope's Blog - it's tough today. Reading his updates is an instant "put-my-life-in-perspective" moment. There's a line about his son crying uncontrollably. I just can't handle that line. As I was praying about it, I had a moment of awe about how I possess no real control over my life - my kids' lives. And that's just OK. I felt like I wanted to cry uncontrollably like Mike's son & just confess to God all my "control" issues. To be out of control in Jesus is strangely peaceful.

Ate lunch with Cary at the new Salty Dog Deli (by CiCi's). Ran into Paul & Tammy West. I had no idea that John Westin Bennett (the 11yr. old in the car wreck who broke both legs) is their nephew. Tammy's older sister in Abilene has a daughter & younger son, John Westin. She's says they're still in "survival mode," and that it's going to be a long road back.

Tree 63's song "Blessed be Your Name" - when the sun is shinning down on me, or the road marked with suffering, blessed be Your Name.

The sun is shinning down on me, but I can see the road marked with suffering everywhere I turn. For me, all these conflicting emotions unite in confession and worship. Blessed be His Name!

Jill

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home