Brown Family Blog

This is the online journal of the Dale and Rita Brown Family.

Friday, January 28, 2005

girls' weekend?

My friend, Tiffany Guild, and I were talking this afternoon about how we need to get away and attempt to catch up on our kids' scrapbooks (since we're accepting the sad reality that it's just not going to happen in our own homes). Would it be possible to plan a girls' weekend at the lake? Bring whatever you want to do, stay in our sweats all day, eat really simply? Just a thought. Let me know what you guys think. It would have to be March or April for us, but we have to plan now or it won't happen at all.
Life just isn't quite back to normal yet, but we're getting there. We're having homemade pizza/movie night tonight with Napoleon Dynamite! February is going to be our "Sabbath month." We'll update you on how that goes!
One more thing - I was noticing that we all seemed to ignore wishing Cary a happy birthday on the blog! Perhaps this is due to the impending law suit but I just wanted to say "Happy Birthday Cary! Hope you had a great day!"
Love y'all,
Anda

4 Comments:

At 8:09 PM, Blogger Jill said...

Your birthday acknowledgement was appreciated by my husband. He hasn't seemed too slighted or scarred from the lawsuit around the time of his birthday - he's handling it well! He had a great birthday - waffles for breakfast & golf - how could he not?
I'm always up for a girls scrapbook weekend - it's really the only time I ever get any scrapbooking done. It's just going to be a matter of timing (as always). Let us know what weekends you're looking at!
I'm proud of your family for watching Napoleon Dynamite - actually, I'm shocked!
Let me know about "Sabbath Month." Could this ever be a reality for my life? It sounds great!
Love you!
Jill

 
At 12:00 PM, Blogger Trisha said...

I'm all for it! Do you have some weekends in mind? Maybe if you give some options we can go from there. I'd love to have some dedicated scrapbooking time. I am so very, very far behind it feels nearly impossible, but fun! Are you thinking to invite a friend? We talked about that a long time ago...

We love you. Glad your husband is home!
Trisha

 
At 2:08 PM, Blogger Unknown said...

WEll, since none of my kids have a scrapbook, how about a hospitality coordinator for the weekend? Lee Ann might share the job with me! I would love to be with everyone. Let me know some possible dates.

 
At 6:48 PM, Blogger April Cogburn said...

I would love a girls weekend for scrapbooking. One of my friends recently became a consultant, so she and I get together every few weeks to scrapbook. I would love some time with family though. Early march or anytime in April is good for me. The Lake sounds like a great place.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home