Brown Family Blog

This is the online journal of the Dale and Rita Brown Family.

Saturday, January 29, 2005

Re: Mismatched socks

Hello everyone. Sorry for the pause in posting; the past weeks have been a rollercoaster ride. The bad news: my energy level is as low as I remember it ever being. The good news: I have plenty of comp and vacation time built up to take a couple of vacations later.

I knew the semester start was going to be busy, but I had no idea. It's a product of working for a Dean, a Chair, and 2 other full-time faculty. They are all interesting (and in some ways odd) people in mannerism and in the way they deal with people. I haven't had a chance to sit down and regroup until today, when I caught up.

Please pray for my Chair. He's about to lose his 96 year old father. His (Chair's) name is Larry Sager. Pray also for April and I to fully regain our health. We are taking turns being sick about once a week or every other week at least. April has scheduled a test for fertility next Thursday; please pray for a clear answer so we know how to proceed. Depending on the results, she may need a procedure.

Last year was a pretty humbling year for me. Thank you for the encouragement, for the advice, and for the prayers. Holly, I totally identify with the "mismatched socks" idea. I am pulled in so many directions right now, it's like sifting through the white socks with the multicolored lines at the top. I finally have two that the tops match, and one is shorter than the other. I am trying to establish a routine with work, care groups, exercise, and the other things I have going day-to-day. I enjoy the variety of work that I do, and the dialogue I have with so many different types of people. I'm very thankful for the stable position I am in. Riding the Metro certainly makes scheduling challenging. The buses never get there at the same time. I can't complain about the route, though. It picks me up at the corner of the apartment complex and drops me off in front of the Law School. It was totally God putting us in the right place; I had no idea we were on the route until we had moved in.

Happy belateds to Bailey and Cary (barely by :45 min). Happy B'day early to Allison and Grandma Rita. I'll get these in early since Tuesday is care group night.

Love you guys!

-James

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home