Brown Family Blog

This is the online journal of the Dale and Rita Brown Family.

Monday, June 20, 2005

YouthWave

Hey guys,
I haven't posted in a while so I thought I would fill you in while I am at YouthWave. Ben and I are in Austin for the week equipping kids to be verbal witnesses to Jesus Christ. Ben has done an amazing job putting together a team to pull this off. There are 200+ kids here and they are a great group.

I started last night preaching about Zacchaeus and how Jesus was a friend of sinners. I think we are off to a good start. I hit the bed pretty hard last night. I love being here, but I miss my family and I am going to have a hard time being away from the house project this long. Things are really picking up. Maybe Lee Ann can post some pictures.

Grace,
Tod

3 Comments:

At 2:09 PM, Blogger Trisha said...

Tod, I'm sure missing being there this week! I'm praying for you. I know you will "bring it" as you have always done, in a way that honors God and challenges us to think differently about our role in the Kingdom. Thanks for giving yourself to this ministry. I think this is going to be a good year (even without me?!). We'll be there Thursday.

 
At 10:08 PM, Blogger Alan said...

Thanks for being willing to give up a week to be at YouthWave. I know God will give you the words and thoughts you need to impart to those kids. I went by your house tonight to check on things. It looks great. The upstairs space is going to be really functional. I'll keep you posted.

 
At 11:19 AM, Blogger James said...

It's always a joy to hear about Youthwave and the impact it is having for the Kingdom. If it continues in Austin next year, I'd like to take time I'll have available then to help. For now, please keep us updated on the events and please let me know how/when to drop by since I work 3 blocks away from Concordia.

I can't wait to see or hear stories.

We're praying for a meaningful and successful week.

-James

 

Post a Comment

<< Home