Brown Family Blog

This is the online journal of the Dale and Rita Brown Family.

Monday, June 20, 2005

Happy Father's Day

Dad,
I meant to post this yesterday, but I had trouble getting an internet connection. Happy Father's day.

I think a lot about what it means that you were and are the father you are. So many of the people who come to me with broken hearts and broken lives can trace some of their heartache to their father. You have never given me any reason to blame you for who I am. Whatever weirdness is in me I got all by myself.

Thank you for teaching us hard work and optimistic problem solving. Thank you for serving people and doing things no one wants to do just because they need to be done. Thank you for loving the Kingdom of God more than any other man I know. Thank you for building a great reputation for talent with integrity.

Lee Ann and I have been especially grateful for all the experiences and memories you have provided for your grandchildren. Times at the lake, world travels, wonderful vacations have shaped my kids identity. Because of those experiences, they have a sense of family that most of their friends don't understand. For my kids, Sunday lunch is a really important part of their life. Bailey would rather be with the whole family on Sunday than go with her friends. I don't think it is the pasta bar. She just loves being with the grandparents, aunts, uncles and cousins.

We love you . I love you. Thank you for being my dad.

Love,
Tod

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home