Brown Family Blog

This is the online journal of the Dale and Rita Brown Family.

Thursday, June 30, 2005

another small faith test

Just got back from my doctor's appointment. I LOVE the doctor - our insurance stuff is so up in the air and she finally just told me that she wasn't going to charge us anything until we figured all this out. She was super sweet and really laid back. Hope we get to keep this one! You can say a little prayer for me and faith!! Still fighting fearing the unknowns about the future and God really has been gracious to give peace and the willingness to fight that, but now there's one more tiny little thing to trust God about. They did my sonogram today. I didn't know they were going to until I got there and you'll be really impressed to know that I didn't find out the sex, even after the sonographer told me she knew what it was!! She was giving me a hard time. Anyway, she just passingly mentioned at the end that there was a small cyst on the baby's brain - these are very common and normally go away by the 24th week, but they're going to do another sonogram next month to make sure it's gone or at least shrinking. I ask the doctor later about what it would mean if it wasn't gone and she said it can be an indicator of Down's. She and the songrapher really acted like it was no big deal and were not worried at all, but it's just one of those little thoughts that can get stuck in your head and make you a little crazy if you let it! For some reason, I've been more paranoid with this baby than with any of the others, esp. about Down's, so while I'm sure that it really isn't anything, I'm tempted to wonder.
We feel like we're just in a little time of trial - nothing traumatic or horrible, just a place that is a little uncomfortable! Pray that this cyst thing is totally gone next month and pray that RB knows where he is supposed to be working!

Thanks for your encouraging words, Trisha!
Love you all,
Anda

1 Comments:

At 8:19 PM, Blogger Trisha said...

Wow, Anda, what a day you have had. Some would call what you're dealing with a big faith test. I know you will be thinking about your precious baby a lot over the next 4 weeks. We will pray too. I will look forward to putting my hands on your tummy this weekend and praying for his or her little body to heal just perfectly.

We love you and pray for peaceful rest for you tonight.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home