Brown Family Blog

This is the online journal of the Dale and Rita Brown Family.

Monday, June 27, 2005

blessed day yesterday!

McKenna's baptism was wonderful yesterday! Thank you so much, Dale and Rita, for making it a priority to be there - it meant so much to MK and to us. Randy managed to make it through the whole thing (almost didn't). The saddest part was that we kind of forgot to pick up Luke from class, so someone brought him to us just as everyone was dispersing after the baptisms. His pitiful little pouty face made me want to cry - I still can't think about it!

Looking forward to this weekend. Rita (or anyone), do you have a clue how many pounds of roast to buy for lunch? I was thinking 4 or 5 4-5 pound roasts, but I don't really have a grid to know if that will be enough, too much? I'll call you if you don't get a chance to respond to the blog.

This is our first "normal" week of summer when everyone is home every day without swim lessons, camp, etc. This a.m. we had "laundry" lessons! I'm determined that these kids can help wash their own clothes! They should be highly motivated because they have so few clean clothes at the moment!

Okay, random question: did anyone ever have a kid who potty trained really early? I never have, but Moriah is exclaiming "poo-poo" every time she does anything in her diaper, even if it's only wet, because she doesn't like it. This a.m. she proudly brought me her diaper and wipes because she wanted to be changed. The last thing on the planet I want to do right now is potty train, but I don't want to miss the window if there is one, you know? Just wondering if anyone had ever experimented with early training. Would appreciate any advice!

Love you guys! I'm ready to sit down and hear about everyone's adventures over the past month!

Anda

1 Comments:

At 10:43 PM, Blogger Rita said...

Anda, we loved being there yesterday. McKenna is a darling, and her sweet, sensitive heart is an example to all of us.

As for roasts--last time I fixed (3) 4-5 pound roasts and it was just enough. Since not everyone will still be there, I would think that would be enough--not more than 4 roasts for sure. I just cooked them in the crock pots.

As for potty training: Trisha potty trained at 18 months. She was just ready--nothing I intended to do. It was more of a pain because she wasn't old enough to be "self sufficient," but it sure was easy to train her because she was so willing. You might just give it a simple try and see if she really responds, or if she is just playing. She sure is a cuty.

We look forward to seeing you this weekend. Love, rb

 

Post a Comment

<< Home