Brown Family Blog

This is the online journal of the Dale and Rita Brown Family.

Wednesday, June 22, 2005

Menu Plan

This is probably a record, but I think we have an actual menu plan for the 4th! I talked to Rita, and she will handle dinner Friday night, breakfast Sat. morning, and lunch on Monday - so the meals are covered! If anyone still wants to help that doesn't have a full meal that you're responsible for, just join in & help somebody out with the cooking or cleaning. Here's the menu as far as I know it & it's always, ALWAYS, subject to change on any food whim that we might be craving at the time.

Friday night - Rita will cook tacos
Sat. breakfast - Dale will make pancakes or waffles or something
Sat. lunch - I'll make homemade rolls and we'll have brisket sandwiches, fruit, chips
Sat. dinner - Rita is going to help me cook Brazilian churrasco meat with their new skewers that they brought back from Brazil - rice & beans, salad, potatoes.
Sun. breakfast - Alan & Holly
Sun. lunch - Randy & Anda - roast, mashed potatoes, etc.
Sun. dinner - Alan & Holly
Monday breakfast - Anda's breakfast casserole
Monday lunch - Rita - leftovers (if we have any - we kinda didn't last time!)

As always, we need to bring snacks, desserts, & drinks. I'm going to the store early Sat. morning - if you need anything, blog or call me and I'll put it on my list.

---------

Last night's party was great. We had around 120 counselors, staff, and a bunch of little kiddos. We had fun music, great food, hot, but shady weather, and excited counselors that stayed until about 11pm! It gave Cary & I a little glimpse into how teenagers just like to "hang-out" and stay up late & talk. Everyone's really looking forward to camp next week. My prayer has been that I won't try to love these kids with my kind of love - showy, pretentious, and self-righteous- my kind of love just doesn't work. I want to give Jesus's love to these kids - humble, real, helpful, life-changing, serving-kind-of love. It's easy to get these kids to look up to us & think we're great - I want them to think HE's great. This seems like a big challenge to me right now & I'm counting on God to come through.

--------------------

I'll try to get Mitch to blog soon about his Brazil fishing trip. We've been keeping him busy since he's gotten home (right now he's at work, so you might hear a lot of "blog-complaints" about that - we'll see.)

Hope everyone out there has had a good week. Tod, Youth Wave sounds very intense, but awesome. Keep serving hard, and let us in on the blessings you see this week.

I'm taking my computer to camp to work on camper pictures, but I don't know if I'll have any access to the internet. If I do, I'll be blogging!

Jill

7 Comments:

At 5:51 PM, Blogger Unknown said...

I'm thinking we need some kind of chicken in the menu. Since Sunday lunch is a big meal, what about that yummy chicken pasta & roasted potatoe salad or chicken fajitas? Cast your vote!

 
At 5:51 PM, Blogger Unknown said...

I do know that potato does not have an "e" on the end. It was a typo!

 
At 8:40 PM, Blogger Jill said...

Chicken fajitas always sound good to me, but if you do the other meal I won't complain - they both sound great! Thanks, Holly!

 
At 10:16 PM, Blogger April Cogburn said...

We won't be there in time for dinner Friday night, since I can't leave work till 5:30. I'll help Dad with Breakfast on Sat. morning and I will bring a few deserts. How about home made ice cream, brownies, and this really yummy chocolate caramel desert that my friend makes. Ok, so I'm really into chocolate now days, but blame it on the hormones. See you all there.

April

 
At 10:36 AM, Blogger Mama Brown said...

Holly,
that sounds great!

Anda

 
At 12:26 PM, Blogger LeeAnn said...

Holly I love both! I'm sorry I haven't weighed in on the meal plan yet. I still have no idea when or if we are coming but I will be happy to help with any meal we are there for. I will be the all around sous chef!

 
At 1:01 PM, Blogger Trisha said...

Holly--
I think whatever you decide is great! I made the chicken pasta for a girls' lunch yesterday and it was a hit, as always! And I always love the fajitas on the smoker! I'm a lot of help, aren't I? I am guessing Ben would vote fajitas, if that helps???

Can't wait to see you!

 

Post a Comment

<< Home