Brown Family Blog

This is the online journal of the Dale and Rita Brown Family.

Wednesday, June 29, 2005

two roads

Just thinking about life and when you come to those places in the "road" where you can choose faith or not. It's easy for me to have faith for Ben & Trisha's situation - I'm not the one in the middle of it!! So I'm trying to imagine me as someone else and then it's easier to have faith - ha! Randy had an important business meeting tonight with the people who are taking over the JPS doctors in October. They presented and discussed what the new contract would look like and it's not that great. Some parts are bad enough that if they don't negotiate a better offer, he probably wouldn't take it. Therefore! Things are a little unstable feeling...BUT God is NOT unstable, He is completely steadfast, He has led us so far and been INCREDIBLY merciful and gracious, and this is just part of the adventure He's taking us on! THAT'S the truth! Not that you all didn't already know that - just needed to write it and see it myself. I'll choose the path of faith tonight. Please pray, though! Trusting the Lord financially (and being okay with delivering who-knows-where with who-knows-who) is tougher than it sounds - you know what I mean?!
My prayer really isn't about everything working out perfectly (although all the Lord's plans are) - I just want to trust Him and be at peace and KNOW HIM well enough to know that HE is our security and always has been, whether we've acknowledged that or not!

Meanwhile, I go to my new doctor tomorrow for the first time - I've heard wonderful things about her and her staff. She may not be my doctor for long, but we'll enjoy her while we have her!!

See you guys on Saturday,
Anda

1 Comments:

At 2:10 PM, Blogger Trisha said...

My mom keeps saying that faith and fear do not coexist. I think she's right! We are praying hard for faith and gracious spirits. We are praying for you, too. Without question, God is our Provider. He is the One we trust. "Some trust in chariots... but we trust in the name of the LORD our God!" Trust in men brings disappointment. God never intended for mortal man to supply all our needs! How silly of us to expect that from flawed humanity!

This is the hardest, most exhilirating time I've been through with people! Oh God, season my words and my thoughts with grace and love. Give me faith--the kind that moves mountains. Show us your glory!

 

Post a Comment

<< Home