Brown Family Blog

This is the online journal of the Dale and Rita Brown Family.

Monday, June 27, 2005

Our busy life

This last weekend at the lake with our friends went really well. Everyone seemed to enjoy themselves. It was peaceful sitting on the dock by myself while everyone else was on the boat and seadoo. We had some great meals, although my icecream didn't turn out good. I didn't bring enough half and half, so I tried to half the recipe for a smaller ice cream maker, only I forgot to half the amount of salt, so it was REALLY salty. Oh well, I guess you learn by trial and error. I'll do better next time, but I'll leave the ice cream making to Anda this coming weekend. While we were at the lake, a couple of girls were crocheting, so I asked them to teach me how. Now I am working on our baby's first blanket. My hand gets really tired and cramped, but I'm enjoying crocheting. I have a long way to go before fininshing this blanket.

This week I have parent/teacher conferences. So far I have had 2 conferences and I feel they went really well. I have 6 more conferences during the week. I am almost dreading the last conference because the parents are harder to deal with than the child. At least it is my last one. Maybe it will help me build better parent/teacher skills. Not every conference can be an easy one.

The pregnancy is going well. I am 17 weeks now. I go back to the doctor on July 13. It was interesting the other day, because Trisha told me that she had a dream that I had a little girl. What makes it interesting is that I have had two dreams that I had a girl, and James had one dream that we had a girl. Not that it means anything. It's just interesting. We'll just see which one God has in store for us. Either one is perfectly fine with us. We just want a healty baby. We have a definate name picked out if it's a boy, Noah Allen. I told James that he could name the baby if it's a girl, but it has to be from the list of names that we have decided on together. He can't seem to make up his mind. First he chose Hanna Lee, then he went to Meridith Jane, and now he's on Lena Naomi. We'll see what it ends up at. We still have Haly Dian and Emma Larissa to choose from. My favorites are Haly, Hanna, and Emma. Of course we don't have to know anything definate right now. We still have half the pregnancy to go through.

Well, that's enough for now. I'll be able to talk to you all this weekend. I'm excited to see everyone. It was great to see Ben, Trisha and the kids (Tod too) at Youthwave Thursday night. I had so much fun making Elijah laugh. I love to hear him uproar in laughter.

Love you all,
April

1 Comments:

At 9:12 AM, Blogger Trisha said...

It was fun to see you, April, with your little pregnant tummy! Thanks for making the effort to come downtown to see us. I'm sure you will do just fine with your parents. You are a good teacher.

We are hoping to see you this weekend!

love,
Trisha

 

Post a Comment

<< Home