Brown Family Blog

This is the online journal of the Dale and Rita Brown Family.

Wednesday, April 13, 2005

Re: Life Group Weekend

Alan,

It sounds like the Weekend was a good and meaningful event. I'd like to hear more about the experience.

It's always a wonder to me to see how the Spirit leads a conversation and event when we let Him take the lead. I "facilitated" the Introduction and First Chapter of "The Case for Christ" last night. I had 30 minutes of material prepared if need be, but I think it's much more rewarding to see others' reflections and the understanding they gained from the reading and the Spirit. That 30 minutes was a lot more rewarding and full of meaning than the list of bullet points I had ready.

On another topic: the scoop is out. We are adding to the clan. The due date is December 6, but we aren't certain of that until we see a sonogram. The pregnancy is "more normal" this time, with cravings and nausea instead of the pain from before. We are excited, expectant, and a bit nervous given last time. We of course appreciate all prayers and are thankful for the support and prayers leading to this exciting time.

I apologize for the delay and the "late-evening" notice. It was my idea: a desire to wait until we knew the status of the pregnancy, and the other desire was to tell all families at once, which was to be this weekend. My family still does not know. We're going to tell them all in person at the lake Friday night, including Jon's bride-to-be, and the plan was to tell the ladies at the scrapbooking event.

We're planning for Memorial Day Weekend, which is also right around April's BD.

We love you all and look forward to seeing you soon.

-jc

3 Comments:

At 2:55 PM, Blogger Mama Brown said...

James,
We are so excited for you guys. I told you, but I want to tell the whole family. For the past 6-9 months at our family prayer time McKenna has ended her prayers with a standard request to God for April (and another lady at church) to get pregnant. So I am not surprised to hear the news. I believe that this child is a direct response by God to the prayers that were offered to Him by McKenna and many others. Praise God.
Randy

 
At 4:25 PM, Blogger Jill said...

James & April,
We are so excited for you! Cary & I will keep praying for this new baby all the way through. We love you guys and we are celebrating God's goodness & faithfulness in your lives!
jill

 
At 5:10 PM, Blogger Trisha said...

I agree with Randy--God is so very good and has answered our prayers for this baby. Randy's comment reminded me of our family's prayers for us to get pregnant--and the result was our Alex! How could we have known what a gift we were asking for? We celebrate with you both and look forward to every step of the process of pregnancy. I'm looking forward to seeing April with a pregnant mommy tummy! Makes me cry to think about it. Then, of course, we anticipate getting to meet this little one God is creating! We will be praying for health all along the way, of course!

We love you guys. Trisha

 

Post a Comment

<< Home