Brown Family Blog

This is the online journal of the Dale and Rita Brown Family.

Monday, April 11, 2005

Life Group Weekend

I haven't posted in a while as not much has been going on with me other than work. But I wanted to share with you all about this weekend. We had a Life Group Leader training retreat at Mom and Dad's house this weekend. The experience was unlike anything I have experienced before. We had two men from a house-church network in Denver basically lead us through a house-church experience. I can summarize the experience by saying that it felt like as close as I have ever been to what I think they did in the early church when they met together.

One of the special blessings of the weekend was that Holly was able to be there with me. Originally, she had not planned to attend, but on Wednesday she came to me and said she had made all the arrangements for the kids and she wanted to be there. It turned out that God specifically wanted to use Holly as an important part of the weekend. As a result, God have Holly and I a clear vision for what we are supposed to be doing next in the Life Group Ministry. I am excited to see His work. God is good!

I must also say that Tod was the one who invited the speakers and had the faith to allow them to come with no real agenda. Their premise was that God has gifted the members of the group with different giftings, and the purpose of getting together is to discover what God wants to do in and through the group. There was encouraging, teaching, praying, singing, crying, questioning, and even prophecying. It was church, and it was good. I thank Tod for being willing to take a risk and allow some of our leaders to have this wonderful experience. I hope it is the first of many such experiences for my family.

2 Comments:

At 12:03 AM, Blogger Trisha said...

You make me want to hear more about your weekend. I'm thrilled to hear about it--sounds like an amazing experience. I often think that perhaps "church" doesn't quite look like it could, and we just don't know what we're missing! Oh, how I want to figure it out. That's one blessing of our family--always exploring and seeking God's face.

I'm proud of what you and Holly are doing--and I really do want to hear more about it! Love you both!

(By the way, the Rodeo Round-Up was a huge success today--just one more day to go! YeeHaw--or as Alex says, Yippeetiyiyay!

 
At 12:29 PM, Blogger Mama Brown said...

Alan,
That sounds awesome. God is good.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home