Brown Family Blog

This is the online journal of the Dale and Rita Brown Family.

Friday, April 01, 2005

Emily turns 10.

We had a big birthday yesterday - Emily's into the double digits! We had a great time with her friends at the Pottery & then eating dinner at her favorite restaurant, Shoguns. The only panic I had was when the lady at the Pottery asked if I, as her mother, would like to decorate her "birthday plate" which she could hang in her room for decortation. Me? Paint? Where is Aunt Trisha when I need her!
After many helpful 10 year old girls tried to encourage & console me about my efforts, I finally resorted to the professionals and asked if they could "fix it." I gave them artistic license to embellish the plate in any way they could. I could just see Emily having to hang a hideous plate on her wall and explaining to people that her mom painted it.
Good thing is that Emily was as happy as could be & loved her 10 year old birthday. She & Allison are really very good little artists - they get that from Trisha & Holly.

Stream, baseball, & soccer are this weekend and then we go straight into the conference - I'll try to breathe next Wednesday.

I also wanted to say happy birthday to Hutton - quite the 14year old! I'm so glad Mitch & Josh have him to look up to - we're all really proud of you & love the fact that you're our nephew!

Anda, I'm going to love keeping up with pregnancy #5 on this blog - drop us a picture or two or a sonogram! :)

Hope everybody has a great week!
Jill

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home