Brown Family Blog

This is the online journal of the Dale and Rita Brown Family.

Thursday, April 07, 2005

BOOKS

Hey everyone!
Happy Birthday, Ben, Hutton, and Emily! Sorry so late! Hope you guys had great days!

Couple of great books to recommend. I'm in the middle of both of them, but so far they are really good. Revolution Within: A Fresh Look at Supernatural Living by Dwight Edwards and The Revolutionary Communicator by Jedd Medefind and Erik Lokkesmoe. Good stuff if you're looking for some good reading.

Nothing real exciting to report. Our kids are officially going to Covenant Classical School next year and we're really excited. We keep hearing things about it from several different sources and have not heard one negative thing yet - about the school or its families. We figured out that one of Randy's old med school buddies, Brian Byrd, has his kids there so it will be fun to reconnect with them. He's a family practice doc here in Fort Worth. I may use his father-in-law as my ob/gyn. No big news with the pregnancy - lots of surprised exclamations and looks; I'm already showing at 6 weeks; feeling fine except for a sinus infection! We've even already got names (90% sure): "Piper Joy" if it's a girl and "Isaac William" if it's a boy. Of course, I'm leaning towards letting it be a surprise, but you know me!

We're kind of "stuck" on the whole Como thing. The wheels have temporarily "spun off" for me in regard to this because of a 5th child. We meet with Jamey and Kim next week to talk through some issues, etc. Kim and I talk all the time, but it will be good to have all four of us together to try and figure out where God wants us right now. Pray for us. We desperately want to be running together, side-by-side as ONE in this whole thing. We know we can't move forward or give God any glory if we're not, so we need the wisdom and revelation of the Father to be released (we ARE already ONE in the heavenlies and we have all the wisdom we need available to us by His Spirit that is inside of us - the flesh sure can get mixed up in there, though - you know what I mean?).

As far as I know, the girls are still planning on going to the Lake next weekend for scrapbooking, etc. Love to see any of you who can make it! Miss you all and can't wait until we get to be together again!

Love you,
Anda

1 Comments:

At 12:55 PM, Blogger Jill said...

Hi Anda!
I'm impressed you still have time to read. Of course you're not a Tivo fanatic like me, so maybe there is actually reading time in your day! I love the fact that you're not even reading a pregnancy or name-your-baby book - no need with child #5.

I'm assuming Piper is for John Piper (?) and Isaac is for a good laugh - you guys always choose great names with great meaning. When is the due date again, because I'm already super curious! Have your kids weighed in on boy or girl?

Your upcoming decisions are in my prayers - wherever you are I know God will use your faithfulness and sensitivity toward others. Thanks for sharing so openly about that part of your life.
love you-
jill

 

Post a Comment

<< Home