Brown Family Blog

This is the online journal of the Dale and Rita Brown Family.

Wednesday, April 06, 2005

Home

We're glad to be home, but sure enjoyed our time in Midland! Alex and Katy had a ball with their cousins--what a blessing! Katy said Tuesday, "Mom, I'm sad when I'm in Tyler, Texas." That was mostly a statement about how much she loves her cousin, Abby Claire, I think! We enjoyed Stream, and I even got to listen to the Leadership Conference tapes on the way to Brownwood. (I highly recommend them!)

Thank you, Midland family, for making us feel so loved and special. Cary and Jill, thank you for your hospitality Saturday night, and Alan and Holly, thanks for the great hamburger hospitality Sunday night. Tod and LeeAnn, thanks for letting me be part of the house hunt! If you end up with the Boyd house, please take a picture of the pool squirrel as part of your "before", although he's pretty well imprinted on my mind! Mom and Dad, thanks for, well, everything...

We celebrated Ben's birthday pretty pitifully. Most of the day we spent traveling home, then went to church and out for ice cream at Marble Slab with some friends. A HUGE group of 7th graders and parents from "Social Dance" arrived and were so loud we couldn't even hear to talk to each other. On the way out I asked a boy about it and he said it was this dumb thing where they learn manners and stuff. Hmmm...

Thanks to Mike Cope, Proverbs 3:5 keeps playing in my mind--"Trust in the LORD with all your heart, and lean not on your own understanding." My theme verse for this week!

love you all!
Trisha

1 Comments:

At 12:38 PM, Blogger Jill said...

Ben & Trisha-
We had a fun time with you and your sweet kids this weekend - made it feel more like a holiday with you guys around!
Happy late birthday, Ben! April birthdays are great, aren't they?:)
Keep us posted on all that's going on in your life-I'll keep praying for a strong sense of His guidance for you.
love you-
jill

 

Post a Comment

<< Home