Brown Family Blog

This is the online journal of the Dale and Rita Brown Family.

Sunday, February 06, 2005

Sunday

It's hard to believe that a week has gone by. Life just kind of happens around here. Some people like to know their schedule far out into the future. I just wake up in the morning and ask Lee Ann what I am supposed to do today. Sometimes I even wait until the afternoon to find out my schedule for the evening. But we get through it.

Hutton finished up basketball--the school version--church league keeps it down to one night a week. The season wasn't a great success from a won/loss perspective, but I love to watch Hutton play.

Connor and Reagan are going at it in their church leagues. Both lost Saturday (I missed it because I was speaking in Brownwood) but both of them scored season highs. Connor had 7 in his first loss (their two best players were out of town playing soccer). The kid hates to lose, but apparently he played big when his team needed him to. Reagan scored 12 in a losing effort. On the phone he told me he wasn't upset to lose because he had scored so many points. I love the team spirit.

Bailey spent the weekend in the Metroplex with the girls basketball team and got home late Saturday night. She spoke again to the younger girls about purity and then it was off to another youth gathering.

Hutton and I had a great time in Brownwood with Dad. The lake is still as nice as I remembered. The retreat was great. There were 300 kids from small town churches all around. I put in a pretty strong plug for YouthWave. Maybe something will come out of it. Thank you for praying. It was whole different crowd than I have ever been around. I sometimes get a little nervous speaking to small or rural church people. I am probably wrong about it, but I constantly worry that I am going to say something offensive without meaning to. I don't mind being offensive when I am trying to get something stirred up, but I don't like to offend accidently.

We had a great time in our LifeGroup tonight watching the Super Bowl. It looks like we decided to join a group going to Lubbock to see Stephen Curtis Chapman, Casting Crowns and Chris Tomlin next Saturday. I think Holly and Smoky Joe are planning to be there also.

Alan did a great job giving a testimony about giving this morning. I had a lot of comments. I am really proud of him.

It looks like we have a church planter. I can hardly believe how wonderful God has been to work that out. I had a single mom come up to me this morning and tell me that she thought God was preparing her to go with the team. She drives over to Odessa twice a week. She already has two people that has befriended and talked about spiritual matters with. She says they will come to church with her when it launches. I can't wait to see what happens next.

Well, I guess that's all for tonight.

Grace.

2 Comments:

At 10:47 AM, Blogger Trisha said...

I'm glad the weekend went well. I'd love to see more small churches at YW! Let Ben know if there are some people he should contact.

We sure wish we could see more of your kids games! It's great to hear about them, though. They make us proud!

And I'm so thrilled about the church planter! I've been emailing back and forth with Melinda. I think they're very excited about it. They are down-to-earth, likable, trustworthy people. I have a feeling they'll gather a good group to go with them. Can you believe this thing you've been dreaming about is really going to happen? Wow!

I love you, brother!

 
At 12:53 PM, Blogger James said...

I'm glad the weekend went well. I wish I could schedule my day in that kind of fashion, but the current schedule is a little more in stone than that.

When is Youthwave this year? I have an ever-growing amount of overtime (compensatory free-time) to use, so I'd like to do a day or two or maybe the whole week of Youthwave depending on how much time I have.

My brother Jonathan, who's in his second semester at ACU, would also like to bring to Youthwave the Westbury group from Houston, where he'll be interning for the second summer in a row.

-jc

 

Post a Comment

<< Home