Brown Family Blog

This is the online journal of the Dale and Rita Brown Family.

Saturday, February 05, 2005

Lurker Coming Out

Dear Family,
I feel like I have been a lurker for the past few weeks. When I finally got time to write, I couldn't remember my password. It must be that I'm getting older. :) I have loved reading every word. I think this is one of the best presents we got for Christmas.

Thank you all for the sweet birthday greetings. Some of you made me cry. I had a great birthday with so many encouraging words and thoughts. It is always so much fun to share a birthday with Allison. Tod asked me how I felt. I think the thought that the big 6-0 is coming next is a little sobering. I now find myself making decisions based on the thought that my years are not forever, and I have to use the time wisely. There are so many things I would like to do or be involved in, but I have to make choices. I am truly wanting to find what God wants me to do with my time.

I would go back and make comments on many of the things you all have blogged, but it has been long enough that you probably wouldn't think to check them. Randy, the things you said about traditions touched me deeply--made me cry. Those were such difficult decisions at the time, and they were not made lightly. Matthew 6:33 was my theme verse as we raised you--"Seek first...Him." We always looked for ways to reinforce that. We weren't just trying to adhere to traditions, but traditions sometimes help.

As I read the blogs, my overwhelming thought is that I am so proud of each one of you. I am so proud of the Kingdom work each of you are doing. Tod, you just called for a printer cable. I will be praying for you all day today. God continues to use you in so many ways. I am so proud of all of you for the way you encourage each other, especially when you encourage April. Randy, I did love the action pictures. I am so proud of you. Jill, you always have such a fun way with words. I love to read your blogs. Lee Ann, I treasure the words you wrote for my birthday. I don't know how you have time to blog, but I'm thankful that you do. I am so proud of your nursing work. Anda, I am ready to set the date for a girl's weekend at the lake. I am going today to buy file boxes to start sorting my pictures. Alan, I am so proud of the man you have become, especially as I watch your spiritual growth. Holly, I loved the odd socks story. When the kids were young, I used to keep a basket full of odd socks, always hoping just one more mate would show up. I think I kept that basket long after they were gone, still thinking there had to be something useful to do with odd socks. I always said that one of my first questions when I get to heaven would be, "What happened to the odd socks?" By the way, I have a collection of grandkids' odd socks that might match some of yours. April, we will all keep praying for your heart's desire. James, we are all proud of your hard work. Cary, it is good to hear from you now and then, and I hope you have resolved your problems with your niece and siblings. :) Trisha, you are always an encourager. Ben, I loved your honesty. I know God has great plans for both of you.

I think I am blogging too much. Today I am cleaning in the game room to get ready for Tim Neale to come get our technology under control. I will go to a couple of basketball games, which I always enjoy. (Dale went to Brownwood with Tod and Hutton.) My ladies' class on time management has been a wonderful discovery journey for me. I determined that God did not want me living under constant time stress, and I have thoroughly enjoyed studying His Word to find His time management principles. Last week I told my class that the very first time management principle God delivered to us was in the very beginning when He rested (not because He was tired, but to model something to us) to show us how He expected us to trust Him with our time. The principle is reinforced throughout scripture. But, I won't give you my whole lesson...

Well, I think you have heard enough from this lurker. I love each and every one of you. I am so incredibly blessed with my family, that I could live out my days just praising God for you. Love, Mom

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home