Brown Family Blog

This is the online journal of the Dale and Rita Brown Family.

Tuesday, July 19, 2005

Mother Of All Family Vacations I

We have arrived. The mother of all family vacations (understanding that the trip to the west coast remains untouched as the grandmother of all vacations) has begun. We left Midland last night around 7:40 cst and pulled in to the hotel at the Disney World Gate at 8:38 est. For those of you time zone challenged that is 23 hours and 58 minutes straight. The kids were great and are so excited about the adventure Lee Ann has planned for all of us. They were great in the car although they have grown significantly since we started doing this kind of thing and there doesn't seem to be nearly as much room in a suburban as there used to be. I do love being together and in spite of the relatively relationship challenging circumstances we really did enjoy the trip across the southern U.S.

We get started early in the morning and will be going hard at it for three days. Thanks to Mom and Dad for making this trip possible. We have such a deposit of family memories because of their generosity. I don't know that in the long run it is any better than inner tubes at Inks lake, but we sure are enjoying ourselves.

Hope everyone has a great week. I will try to check in later. Grace, Tod.

2 Comments:

At 1:23 PM, Blogger Alan said...

I just went by your house and they are making good progress on the brick work and have started the sheet rock. Glad you guys are doing well. Tell Mickey I said hello.

 
At 11:28 PM, Blogger Rita said...

Thursday night: I love hearing about your super family vacation. We are staying busy around here. Tonight it appears that your house is almost sheetrocked, and all the outside brick is done. I had a long visit with "Candace", your neighbor; seems quite nice.
The pool could sure stand to be vacuumed, but I'm sure it can wait for the boys to get home.
We are missing you, but the house is never very quiet. Marty and I talked for a couple of hours tonight.
Tod, my computer won't connect to the internet again. I presume it is needing whatever simple thing you always do. I really do miss you.
I loved on Maggie before I put her to bed. She was very quiet tonight--not wanting to move. I will check on her during the night. She goes into the vet againg tomorrow. Love, Mom

 

Post a Comment

<< Home