Brown Family Blog

This is the online journal of the Dale and Rita Brown Family.

Wednesday, July 13, 2005

YouthWave Malibu III

I am sitting here in one of the patio areas at Pepperdine listening to the fountains and seeing the landscaping. There is something about beautiful design that moves me. Here is what I wrote on Monday about the very same subject.

11 July 2005. I love giftedness and artistry. I love beauty and design. I love color and texture. I love creativity. I love you God for giving all of it. Garden designers and music diviners; artists and craftsmen; architects and draftsmen; poets and playwrights and dreamers and seers.

I think that beautiful art and design and the people who make them are windows into the beauty and grandeur of God. I love to think and study, but this kind of stuff nourishes me on other really important ways.

The kids are doing great. Especially my kids. I see evidence of great gifting and deep passion for Jesus. Last night Bailey spoke into another girls life in a way that I can only describe as prophetically. She said things that laid open the secrets of the little girls heart. We all knew what we were hearing when we heard it. I was frankly a little stunned. Hutton continues to reveal his deep heart for God and for people. He has great courage. He regularly extends himself to try things that a lot of others, especially with his personality type, wouldn't even consider. I love it. Keep praying for us. We still have a lot to learn.

I will say that yesterday was the most blessed witnessing day for me I have ever had. My little parnter and I had several great conversations with people on the beach. God really helped her and encouraged her. I loved it.

Somebody tell me what is going on at the house. Grace,
Tod

4 Comments:

At 10:08 PM, Blogger Rita said...

Tod,
The house looks great. The outside is going to be really impressive. Today when I went by there was one man putting in insulation. That was about all I could tell. I think they will be ready for sheetrock soon. I am so happy you are having a great experience in Malibu. Look forward to seeing you soon. Love, mom

 
At 10:27 PM, Blogger dale brown said...

Tod,
Sounds like the blessings continue to roll. Youth Wave is one of those events like Emmaus that seems to be structured in a way to set the stage for God to show up and the focus of the participants to be able to see His work up close. Give Bailey and Hutton a hug from me.

The roof is done and the brick is in the driveway and the insulation is stacked everywhere and the blower to put that kind of insulation is at the front door. Looks great.

I go to Dallas tomorrow and am set to have breakfast with Marc Bigelow then lunch with Happy Baggett and then a Free Market Foundation board meeting from 1:45 to 5:00 then I am going to try to have dinner with Randy before catching the plane for home about 8:15 pm. Will be busy but sounds like fun.

Love you, Dad

 
At 1:52 PM, Blogger Jill said...

God's beauty is the best - thanks for reminding me!

 
At 4:33 PM, Blogger Trisha said...

Tod, you're quite a poet! I checked your blog today and saw a poem you wrote, then this! Wow! (I can see in my mind the picture looking out from the cafeteria at Pepperdine--brings a peaceful feeling just thinking of it!)

 

Post a Comment

<< Home