Brown Family Blog

This is the online journal of the Dale and Rita Brown Family.

Wednesday, July 13, 2005

thoughts

I can't remember the last time I blogged. I am just sitting here at work and I feel the need to put some thoughts down in writing, so I'll share them with you guys.
I watched the entire Lord of the Rings series this weekend while Anda and the kids were gone, so I have been thinking sort of differently this week. My basic sense is that I am in a place that is not fun, but I feel very confident that God put me here.

Today I feel like I will never accomplish anything worthwhile in this place. This morning 2/3 of my patients have been depressed, and both of them said my treatments weren't helping. I invited one to come to my house for our Bible study tonight. The other one seemed more interested in explaining why the medication I gave her last time made her lose her temper and hit her daughter. I don't expect either one to be much better next time I see them. There is so much dysfunction. I feel like Frodo tromping up the dark, dry, rocky mountain with very little hope of success, feeling quite alone.

I have been here a month and a half now. I still don't have nurses. I don't even have the printer I asked for the day I got here. I have to ask permission for every day off, or even if I want to take a long lunch. I work for the system, and I am feeling an acute loss of freedom. I'm grappling (no really, grappling) with the new contract, not sure how hard I should push for changes or whether I should just settle for it the way it is, hoping they won't do all the things the contract says they can do if they want to.

But God is working. Just like I knew Frodo would eventually get the ring destroyed I know that God will prevail even in this situation. So if you get a chance, pray for me.

I'm really thankful to have such a great family.
Randy

2 Comments:

At 10:16 PM, Blogger dale brown said...

Randy,

Tonight we had an appreciation time for Walter and Mary Nelle Kreidel. Joe Coffman asked me to say two minutes worth and my thoughts centered around my observation about them that they have proven themselves 'faithful'. I know they have been through some deep and long valleys along their journey but kept moving forward.

One thing I know about your situation is that you are not alone. It may feel that those of us who are not right there along side of you are not involved but I know Mom and I are feeling your burdens and want to do all we can to help carry them.

I hope it works out for us to get together tomorrow. I did not see your blog until after we talked.

Love you lots, Dad

 
At 9:50 AM, Blogger Trisha said...

Hi Randy,
I'm praying for a good day for you today. I feel like Dad--I want to share the burden with you. Blogging has helped me during the last few months in feeling a sense of "togetherness" with our family, and just knowing I have a place to post my heart with people who will love me gently as I wrestle. I'm glad you shared yours.

I'm praying for you--for wisdom and peace, and even some reasons to laugh today. (Someone prayed that for me the other day and it really blessed me!)

I sure love you, brother!
Trisha

 

Post a Comment

<< Home