Brown Family Blog

This is the online journal of the Dale and Rita Brown Family.

Thursday, April 14, 2005

New creation life

Following up on yesterday's blog about having something significant to say about everything, I figured I could come up with something significant to blog today.

Over the last couple of weeks God has been teaching me and Anda about who we are. I'm overwhelmed again by the thought that I am really righteous, perfect, and holy. I really do have the mind of Christ. I really am full of knowledge and wisdom. That's not just a paint job God has done on me. He has transformed the essence of who I am.

We have the Holy Spirit in us. We are new creations. We lack nothing.

I'm enjoying God more as I think more accurately about myself. Every sin I commit is a denial of my true identity. It is absolutely contrary to who I am. That sounds very prideful, but it is that exact opposite of pride. Pride is choosing to deny what Christ has done in me, and instead trying to improve my old self to make it presentable to Him. The old me is dead. Praise God for His truth. May God give us grace to believe what He says about what He has done in us.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home