Brown Family Blog

This is the online journal of the Dale and Rita Brown Family.

Thursday, February 10, 2005

My decision

As the initial giver of the mug set, I feel a bit of an obligation to intervene for the good of the family. So I am debating between three options. I will leave the voting open until Monday, so please give me your input.

Choice #1 - Bring me a hacksaw, that I may saw the cup in two.

Choice #2 - Give the cup to Dad (who I gave it to initially before his sons absconded with it.)

Choice #3 - Offer it to Cary with the following condition: He must personally enter a post on the blog before Monday to receive it. I thought that might be a good way to get him back in the family loop.

Please post a comment before Monday letting me know of your choices. Just say #1, #2, or #3. You can all keep me accountable for the final tally, as it will be on the blog for all to see. (By the way, Tod and Alan are not allowed to vote because I sense that they are not acting in the best interest of the family.)

4 Comments:

At 1:24 PM, Blogger Alan said...

Once again, I find that my legal training compels me to comment. First of all, as the giver of the gift, you have relinquished complete control over the mug, and thus under the law, you have no legal standing in this dispute. Think of the implications if we were to allow a gift giver to intervene any time he felt the gift was being used inappropriately. I imagine our parents might want to reclaim a few gifts if that were the case. While I currently do not possess the aforementioned mug, I must object to your your attempts at being an "ungifter". My problems with Tod can be resolved through other means, namely me stealing the mug back. While your little poll may go on, its results will be contested vociferously (look it up).

 
At 3:06 PM, Blogger Tod Brown said...

This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.

 
At 5:52 PM, Blogger James said...

You could give it to your sister and brother-in-law in Austin, thereby resolving the issue because no other siblings live close enough to make the tedious journey to retrieve it. ;o)

 
At 3:03 PM, Blogger Trisha said...

Hmm...I, too, have been grappling with the situation at hand. I recall and shudder at the rather ugly seen when the mug was first "possessed" by one, then another brother. It saddened me. I believe that you, Randy, are acting for the good of the whole by offering some options for a swift and fair resolution of the dispute. I would happily vote for Cary to take possession of the cup, since the office seems to be a place where any of our Midland family would have access and use. However, it appears that Tod and Alan aren't looking for a fair and reasonable solution--they are full of malice and greed. It seems that they will stop at nothing to own another coffee cup. (I will say that, to my knowledge, Tod has not actually attempted theft himself. For this I respect him.)

 

Post a Comment

<< Home