Brown Family Blog

This is the online journal of the Dale and Rita Brown Family.

Thursday, February 10, 2005

For the People!

You might remember how Alan absconded with the generous gift of our brother Randy that was to be for all the family. Alan was planning to keep the mug for himself instead of sharing with the community. I tried to bring it back to the family, but he enlisted (with brainwashing I assume) the aid of his wife and had her sneak into my office and steal it off my desk. (It took her 3 tries--such was her determination to keep this common gift for the rest of us.) Fortunately, Smokey Joe has been unsullied by their capitalist propaganda. She bravely took the common cup, put it in her backpack, brought it to school and called me. It is now safely in our collective possession. I was so proud of her courage and idealism. I thought you might be interested in the email conversation that took place afterward. I have redacted several emails.

Alan: You have corrupted my sweet innocent Allison

Tod: How have I corrupted your beautiful innocent daughter?

Alan: As for my daughter, you have induced her to steal the mug. It is one thing to involve adults in such nefarious schemes, but to use an innocent child is reprehensible. If my daughter resorts to a life of crime, the genesis of her downfall will be the moment her beloved, and by many accounts favorite, uncle told her it was ok to steal. Shame on you!

Tod: I will not be ashamed of urging my precious niece to work for the rights of the oppressed and disenfranchised. You, of all people, should understand what a noble and good thing it is to work for justice on behalf of the marginalized. She is a champion of freedom and fairness. She stands bravely with those great souls we call freedom fighters who would not let the tyrannical rule of those with obliterate the needs and rights of those without. It is quite clear whose side you have slithered toward. I know not what dark and vicious methods you used to extract your so-called truth from that sweet girl. I only know that in the end, justice will prevail. I am proud for whatever resistance she put up. We both knew what she was risking. I am saddened to think of her suffering, but my heart is strengthened knowing that her cause is just and she will not go quietly into that good night.

Cast aspersions if you will, but remember this: VIVA LA REVOLUTION!

As you can see below, the people have prevailed.

On a completely different note, I had a great cup of coffee this morning.

3 Comments:

At 11:38 AM, Blogger Alan said...

Once again I find myself in another imbroglio with a family member. First the discrimination suit with Cary, then the "grapple" issue with Jill, and now the "Great Mug Heist" with Tod. I must do some great soul searching (grappling, if you will) to determine how I have managed to be at the center of so many family controversies. Perhaps it is my training as a lawyer that forbids me to turn a blind eye when I see injustice, or to disregard blantant crimimal activity, or to ignore proper usage of the English language. I am a lawyer, and I wear that title proudly!

 
At 4:59 PM, Blogger Jill said...

Hate to point this out(it's really killin'me),I think you meant to say "IMproper usage of the English language." I'm not quite sure, but you can grapple with it.

 
At 9:14 PM, Blogger Mama Brown said...

I, too, hate to criticize, but didn't you mean "crimiNal" activity? Considering the current state of affairs, I would probably proofread my blogs if I were you.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home