Brown Family Blog

This is the online journal of the Dale and Rita Brown Family.

Monday, January 24, 2005

Job stuff

Well, looks like I'm not going to get the job at UT that I was going for. They offered part of it in-house and it was taken and the other part they never posted. I keep checking on the UT site for good paying jobs that I can do, but there aren't any posted that I can do, and the ones that I can do are exclusive for in-department applicants. For some strange reason, I'm not disappointed.
I've been praying about it, and I know that if God wants me at UT, He will make it happen. I have the thought that He wants me to stay where I am, and that's okay. I love my job. I have been there almost 10 months. I only wanted to be able to pay off more debt. One of my parents (of the kids in my class) found out today that I live closer to one of our other centers, one that pays better, and he said that if I ever left and went over there, he would get a posse of parents and go get me from there. It just goes to show that the parents of the children in my class really like me. I don't really want to leave "my kids". A friend at church suggested that I become a nanny for a family that only needs someone to pick up their children after school untill they get home, like what I did for my first job while in High school. It would be a way that I could keep my job and still make a little extra money. I'm not too worried. God is going to take care of us and if he wants us to have some more money, he'll make it happen. God is the ultimate caregiver. He knows what's best.

Love and miss you all,
April

4 Comments:

At 10:59 PM, Blogger Jill said...

Hey April!

Sorry about the job, but I am so proud of you for your attitude toward all of it. You are right on target about seeking the Lord & being content with where He has put you. And you have so much to offer & love to give to those kiddos - you are having a big impact on their lives everyday. God has trusted you with something very precious, and you are being a faithful steward - you're awesome!
Love you!
Jill

 
At 9:27 AM, Blogger Alan said...

I appreciate your attitude. Just keep doing the things that God has placed before you and he will bless you. We love you!

--Alan

 
At 4:43 PM, Blogger Trisha said...

Hey April!
I am proud of you, girl! You continue to demonstrate a positive, can-do attitude in getting out of debt. I'm sorry the job didn't pan out, but I believe with you that He has a different, better plan for you. I will pray that the opportunity will arise and God will show you just what you need to do about your job. Meanwhile, keep loving on those kids. You may be making a kingdom difference in some family's life. I'm not surprised that they love you. You are using your gifts in a wonderful way there.

I love you lots!
Trisha

 
At 10:23 AM, Blogger Mama Brown said...

I love your faith, April.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home