Brown Family Blog

This is the online journal of the Dale and Rita Brown Family.

Wednesday, January 19, 2005

Hello everyone

Hello everyone! I know it's been a little bit since I last posted, but I've been a little busy trying to get a better job. So far that job I was going for has been partly taken, since they had to offer it in-house first. But, there are other jobs at UT that are opening up, and I will find one soon. I like where I am at, but there is debt to be paid off, so that is pretty high on our list. Also, James andI just agreed to be Caregroup leaders for our young marrieds class. It's responsibility, but one that we feel that God is calling us to. Also, for this month our caregroup has split up men/women, and I am teaching the woman this next tuesday at caregroup. Any thoughts as to what I should teach on?

I like Mom's thought about reading through the Bible throughout the year for a skii trip. I gladly accept Mom's challenge, even if I don't get a skii trip. I relish more time with my large family, and a skii trip would be lot's of fun.

I talked to my doctor's nurse (my doctor is out of town for 2 weeks) and I am to go in at the beginning of next month for an HSG dye test to make sure that my tubes are clear with no scarring and to check to make sure this couldn't happen again. I've been told that your chances of getting pregnant improves after this test.

Pray for my patience as I go through more days of preventing screaming, teething toddlers from biting each other. It is a challenge some days dealing with other people's children where the parents idea of discipline is very different from your idea of discipline. We are coming closer together as one team, and as frustrating my job can be some days, I find myself at the end of the day smiling and telling James about all the cute little things that the children did during the day. Mom, you have taught me so much about how to deal with children. I appreciate you so much for that. I feel that I am ready for my own children, not just with my biological clock, but mentally and in my heart also.

Well, this is enough thoughts from me for right now.

Grace and peace and much love,
April

2 Comments:

At 9:27 AM, Blogger Alan said...

Thanks for the update. We will continue to pray for you and the job situation. God's timing isn't always what we would like it to be, but it is always perfect. We a proud of you for getting involved at your church and allowing God to use you both in various ways. Keep up the good work.

 
At 9:52 PM, Blogger Tod Brown said...

April,
Thanks for letting us know about this stuff. I hope you find something you really enjoy.

I don't really like having a set curriculum for a small group. I like trying to work through the text that was preached at the last gathering (I take notes and then ask questions from the sermon outline) and try to help each one respond personally to what God might want us to do with the word. Sprinkled with a liberal dose of praying for each other, that amounts to a fairly meaningful time together.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home