Brown Family Blog

This is the online journal of the Dale and Rita Brown Family.

Tuesday, January 18, 2005

Response to Ethics Violation

While I can appreciate my brother's attempt to absolve himself of liability by bashing the plaintiff's attorney, his claims are without merit, and frankly, mean spirited. The ethical rules only prevent an attorney from representing the opposing side in a substantially related matter. My representation of PSI had nothing to do with the decisions of who to take on their company boondoggle. I am fully within the bounds of legal ethics to represent (pro bono, of course) a young and helpless employee, who because of her familial relationship, might have otherwise gone unhelped.

My brother tried to confuse the issue by claiming the ski trip was only for full time employees. While that may assuage his conscience, it is still a clear violation of EEOC Reg. Section 15621.54653.54881.54 (b)(5)(g)(iii), which makes no distinction between part time and full time employees. His liability is undeniable, and is not diminished by his so called ethics claim.

Nonetheless, I see a way to amicably resolve this dispute. I suggest a mediation, with Grandma as the mediator. I believe with her wisdom and knowledge of the parties, she can find a way to reach a result that all the parties will be happy with. (Grandma, in case you missed the hint, that means you need to find a way to get Grandpa to organize a Brown family ski trip).

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home