Brown Family Blog

This is the online journal of the Dale and Rita Brown Family.

Sunday, January 23, 2005

We're home

Hi family!

We got home last night and I thoroughly enjoyed catching up on the blog. I was too tired to write anything, but glad to hear from all of you.

Cary, I hope you got the honor due you on your birthday. HAPPY BIRTHDAY!!! With the legal battle going on and all, I was a bit concerned that you might have been unfairly neglected. I don't quite know what to say about the legal situation. I can certainly see both sides, so I think I'll ride the fence until someone bends.

Bailey's birthday party sounded great. Tod and LeeAnn, I love the way you love on your kids. LeeAnn, I don't know how you get it all done. I was thrilled to hear you're in post-partum. You will be a blessing to those new moms! (And the 10-6 shift is great--although I will just pray for stamina for you!)

We are still exhausted from a very intense week, but very glad we got to participate. We learned a lot and put some things together that we already knew. I think the week will bless our ministry and our marriage. Thank you, Tod, for your involvement in the week. I was very impressed with the Stadia guys and with Jim Phillips. They very quickly gained our respect and trust. I guess that was what allowed them to put us under a microscope and speak the "brutal truth" to us in a way that was not threatening, but affirming and helpful. I am also grateful for the GCR folks who gave their time to go through the process. They are a special group! Of course, we could not have done it at all without Mom and Dad taking care of our kids.

I can't wait to see how the Lord brings together the Odessa church plant. I feel like we were part of it's beginnings just having been there this week. I wonder if GCR and Richland Hills and others like them will pave the way for churches like Glenwood who like to be on the cutting edge, but not the first cut! Ben has been gently talking about it today as people have asked about our week. He hopes to take a group from here to ChurchWAVE, then perhaps get someone like Phil or Jim out here to talk to our leadership. Who knows what will come of it. Glenwood may be more ready than we realize. Ben wants to write about our week too, so he can add his own perspective.

It was great to be home today. Alex has vowed that he's not going anywhere--not even church or school--for two weeks. He's just going to stay home and play, eat and sleep. I think we have worn our kids out! (He was all talk--he didn't hesitate a bit to go to church tonight, but I can relate to his feeling!) The fish were a bit lethargic when we got home last night, but they perked up after being fed and turning up the temp in the house.

It has been wonderful to be with the Midland family so much lately. I know I'm going to be in withdrawal soon. I can't wait to hear from Randy.

We love all of you!
Trisha

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home