Brown Family Blog

This is the online journal of the Dale and Rita Brown Family.

Sunday, March 12, 2006

Lena, Our Cutie

Lena is doing just wonderful. A couple of days ago, she discovered her right hand. She found her left hand a few weeks ago. She just looks at her hands, turning them, and opening and closing them. It's quite entertaining. I enjoy watching her in all that she does. She talks to the fish on her aquarium bouncer and to the duck and butterflies hanging from her play mat. When she's fussy, she likes to listen to my Rebecca St. James CD, or watch me vaccuum. She loves to go on walks outside in her stroller. She sleeps really well too. She sleeps all night-10 hours from the night time feeding to the morning feeding. When it's time for her to go to sleep, I just put her in her bed and she goes to sleep. (With very little crying, if any at all).

I'm really enjoying staying home with her. It's hard to believe sometimes that 3 months have gone by since that icy day she was born. Before she was born, we weren't sure how we were going to make it with our finances with me staying home. But we decided that the best choice was for me to stay home to raise Lena, and we were going to just trust God. He's taking care of us. I don't wonder if the money is there for tithing, or buying the things needed, like diapers, wipes, food, etc. I just tithe, and I just buy. God is taking care of us, and there is no other way to survive except by trusting Him. I sleep better now than I ever did, since I decided to trust God in the matter of me staying home. Putting my trust in God in that area, has really helped me in so many other areas. I now have more confidence in myself.

Anyways, that's what is going on with us. James is still working hard--at his job and at school. I look forward to the day when he is finished with school, so he'll be able to relax more and spend more time with Lena. Everything is well with us. It's soooo hot here. The last couple of days have gotten up to nearly 90 degrees. Thank goodness the humidity hasn't been bad.

It's good to read about everything that is going on with everyone. Check your emails. I sent emails to some of you about being able to view the pictures that we just had taken this weekend at Sears.

Love you all. I can't wait to see you all again.

April

1 Comments:

At 2:38 PM, Blogger Jill said...

The pictures of Lena are wonderful - and great of you and James, too! Thank you!

So good to hear your sweet heart, April, give God honor for all that He's doing in your life. Your tender, trusting spirit is a joy to Him, I'm sure.

I enjoy hearing your Lena stories - first time moms notice everything and don't take anything for granted that their little baby does. Glad you're enjoying staying home!
love you!
jill

 

Post a Comment

<< Home