Brown Family Blog

This is the online journal of the Dale and Rita Brown Family.

Monday, January 09, 2006

I look forward to seeing all the sweet moments that I will have with Lena once she starts talking. Right now I'm just enjoying all the sweet moments of just simply being with her. It seems that she has a bit of a personality. Last night, she slept from 11:30 p.m. to 4:20 a.m. Thats' nearly a whole hour and a half longer than usual. Yeah! Anyways, after I fed her, she was asleep. I was on my way to put her back to bed, when she opened her eyes and was wide awake, ready to party. I told her, "You're not supposed to wake up at this hour when I'm about to put you into bed." She just smiled at me the biggest grin I've seen on her. It was as if she was saying, "Ha, ha, mom. You just thought I was asleep. Time to play!" A few minutes later I was rocking her, and I told her "Mommy loves you", and she just smiled. I don't know how much she actually understands, but they were sweet moments for me.

Yesterday was her one month birthday. James wanted to get a cake, but I told him to wait till she was a year old. We are enjoying every moment with her. Yesterday, I dressed her in her leopard skirt, and everyone stopped me to ooh and ahh over her. I love playing dress up with her. January 29 is the Baby Dedication Day at church. I already have her dress picked out.

Mom and Dad, thanks so much for the house. We LOVE it! We haven't quite started on the moving process, since they just finished painting last week, but I'm starting on it today. My goal is to be totally moved by the 22nd.

We enjoyed being with everyone at Christmas. We miss you all.
Gotta go now. Time to feed Lena. Love you all.

April

4 Comments:

At 7:05 PM, Blogger Jill said...

Hey April!

Baby smiles are so sweet - I'm glad to hear that you are enjoying every one!

Can't wait to see some pictures of your new house - I know that's going to be really exciting.

love you!
jill

 
At 8:37 PM, Blogger Mama Brown said...

April, I was just thinking today about being content in whatever current situtions we find ourselves in (I was thinking about this as I was trying to be thankful for my 3 1/2 hours of sleep last p.m. Between the dog, Moriah, and Isaac, I missed out on the sleep thing the first half of the p.m.!). Anyway, I wish I had enjoyed all those sweet moments with McKenna, and all those sweet moments with "just two" kids, etc., etc. I don't want to look back on these days and say "I wish I had enjoyed those days when my kids were this age...." ANYWAY - sorry, I'm rambling - what I'm trying to say is that I think it's so cool and wonderful that you are enjoying every moment!! Keep doing it! And I will too. Lena and Isaac will never be little one-month-olds again! But let me tell you that the smiles just keep getting better and better. Isaac has suddenly woken up to the world and is smiling, talking, etc. He also looks like he weighs about 20 pounds!! Chunky!

 
At 8:43 PM, Blogger Trisha said...

Amen! Enjoy every bit--and it does get more and more fun. I'm so proud of you for the way you have embraced the mommy role. I knew you would.

Can't wait to see the new house. Are you going to get some help moving? (I hope!)

 
At 1:42 PM, Blogger April Cogburn said...

A couple of my girlfriends said they would come over and help me pack. It's already an overwhelming thing with packing and moving. It's even more with a baby. It's sometimes frustrating at the end of the day when I wasn't able to pack anything because taking care of Lena and taking care of daily chores has taken up my whole day. I'm definately going to take my friends up on their offer.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home