Brown Family Blog

This is the online journal of the Dale and Rita Brown Family.

Thursday, December 29, 2005

Happy New Year!

Hey Gang,
I am looking back over the last year thinking about how much has changed. Reagan is growing up. Connor went to Brazil. Hutton started High School. Bailey turned 16 and survived the new driver phase. Lee Ann has finished nursing school and starts a new job January 9. I have a new job at GCR and we moved into a new house. I could go into more detail on each one but it would get boring.

You all have your own stuff that happened. I would love a recap of the major changes in your family life. I can think of a few: Cary's new company, Randy and Anda's new job (that happened this year right?) and son, April and James' brought Lena into the world (Way to go). Ben and Trisha moved, launched into the scary world of church planting, and announced a new baby. I can't think of any major shifts for Alan and Holly but I'm sure they could remind us. Mom and Dad seem to keep rolling along too. I guess Dad has something to do with the new company.

The bottom line is that time is relentless. I wonder what the new year will bring. I wonder what I will be looking back on a year from now, only God knows. I guess that is what I am thinking most--only God knows. Whatever the new year holds, he holds me in the new year. For that I am grateful. As many blessings as I can count, and I do, I know that God is sovereign over all of them. May God bless you all. Grace. Tod

p.s. Great pictures Jill.

2 Comments:

At 11:24 PM, Blogger Trisha said...

Wow. It's the biggest year of change for our little family since we married for sure! I can hardly believe it's been only 4 months since New Life began. In those 4 months we've experienced God's hand at work again and again. From Sept. 11th with 286 or something people showing up for our first service, our Harvest Party with way more than that, low weeks down to 125 and highs again the last two weeks up to 245 or so. The numbers don't even begin to tell the story of all the new friends God has brought into our New Life!

The 4 months before that are a blur--deciding to move, saying goodbye to Glenwood, selling our house, driving away from Tyler, arriving at this beautiful home prepared for us by Mom and you guys, planning the planting of a church. And the first 4 months of 2005 must have been boring! Actually, we came to the Stadia Assessment lab at GCR in January--and met Tim and Melinda. Elijah was still a newborn and mom had to run him back and forth for feedings. We stayed with Mike and Julie Ann Wylie, who have moved on months ago. That week started my wheels turning about church planting and obviously planted the seed for the rest of the year's events. Some of those events have brought pain and heartache, lots have brought joy beyond measure. All have been, I believe, a part of God's sovereign will for us.

I love that God has worked things the way He has. (Don't you love the way I did that backwards?) It makes me that much more able to trust Him with the future. It feels really good to be in such loving, trustworthy hands.

Thanks for encouraging me to sit down and think about God's amazing goodness to our whole family over the past year. I am amazed.

 
At 10:34 PM, Blogger Alan said...

While 2005 wasn't a year of big change, we did have some special moments. We took a great family vacation to Jackson Hole, Wyoming; Allison was baptized; the twins started kindergarten; Holly served as president of the LACE board; and i shot 1 round of golf in the 70s. God was very good to us this year. My prayer is that we will be good stewards of all the blessings and responsibilities He has given us.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home