Brown Family Blog

This is the online journal of the Dale and Rita Brown Family.

Sunday, July 24, 2005

Home again

Well, we are home now from our cruise, which we enjoyed tremendously. On Monday, our stop was at San Jaun, Puerto Rico. We really enjoyed the shopping. We didn't spend a lot of time there. Tuesday, we were at St. Thomas. Really pretty. We were going to go to the beach, but it poured. So we shopped inbetween the short time that it wasn't raining. On Wednesday, we were at St. Maarten and had an excursion to the Butterfly Farm. Lots of pretty butterflys. Then we went over the the capitol city of Marigot, which is the capitol of the French side. We stopped for 45 min. for shopping (this was part of our excursion). We went into the quite small mall to find a bathroom only to find out that they charge you a dollar to go into the bathroom. So we found a public restroom somewhere else. Then it poured for a while. When we got back to the ship, it was lunchtime, so we ate and went back out for shopping. We spent too much time walking around town, we didn't have time to lay on the beach. But we took a short walk on it. Thursday, we were at Sea. We went to the pool and laid out on the topmost deck and got fried. Yes, we did apply sunscreen, but I forgot to have James put it on my back, and I fell asleep in the sun. Interestingly enough, my back got a bad burn, but the back of my legs didn't get a burn at all. And I didn't put sunscreen on the back of my legs. We spent the rest of the afternoon relaxing. On Friday, we were at Nassau. We had wanted to go lay out on a beach, but we hurt so bad from the sunburn, we didn't want to put a swimsuit on again. We walked around town and shopped a little. We came back to the ship and I took a long nap. As we left Nassau it rained. Then the sun came out just in time for a beautiful sunset. I got some great pictures. We also went through tropical storm Franklin during the night. I never knew it was even raining, but James says the windows to our balcony were rattling. That must have been some strong wind.
Overall, we had a lot of fun. We met some interesting people, and came away with an address to some friends we made. Of course this isn't everything, but it's the short story. We did go to some shows at night. Anyways, it was a great vacation, and thanks Mom and Dad for the gift.
Throughout the week, Lena has kicked quite a bit. Her kicks are getting stronger. She kicked really hard on the plane ride home. Everything is good. I am now 20 1/2 weeks, and it shows more now. James and I are in his brother's wedding in 2 weeks. It'll be interesting to see how the dress fits.
Goodbye for now. I'm sure James will have his own comments to add. It's good to come back to find everyone doing well. Ben and Trisha, I hope your move went well. I can't wait to see your house. Tod and Lee Ann, hope your vacation went well. What's wrong with Maggie? Ashley, happy late birthday.

Love you all and can't wait to show you pictures,
April

P.S. James just reminded me that he only got burned, I got fried.

1 Comments:

At 11:11 AM, Blogger Jill said...

I'm so glad you had a great trip! Besides being "fried," it sounds like things went really well. It's good that Lena seemed to agree with traveling and being on a cruise!

 

Post a Comment

<< Home