Brown Family Blog

This is the online journal of the Dale and Rita Brown Family.

Thursday, April 28, 2005

Sunday Bible Class

I just got off the phone with Randy and he told me I needed to blog something, so I have an idea. I am teaching class this Sunday on Joshua 22, so I thought I would get some input from the family. I have already begun preparing my lesson and have quite a few thoughts on the subject, but I would love to hear what you all have to say. Put as much or little effort into it as you want, but give me your thoughts about this text.

The story is about the tribes east of the Jordan returning home, and on the way, they build "a very imposing altar". The tribes west of the Jordan get very upset and send a delegation to straighten everything out.

A few questions for you to consider:

1. What was the motivation of the Eastern tribes in building the altar?
2. Why did the Western tribes get upset?
3. What applications does this story have for you and me today?

Read Joshua 22 and give me your thoughts.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home