Brown Family Blog

This is the online journal of the Dale and Rita Brown Family.

Sunday, April 24, 2005

Just saying hello...

Hi everyone! I just thought I'd check to see if anyone is still blogging, and was a bit disappointed that there weren't more posts! Anda, I can't believe you have a puppy! What fun! We had a garage sale this weekend, and had a puppy crate of mom's to sell (as well as many relics of our childhood). Alex and Katy cleaned it up for us, then Alex said, "Mom, no one is going to buy that dog crate." I asked why not and he told me it would be too expensive, so no one would buy it. I suggested maybe we could put a lower price, but he didn't think that would be necessary. Then he began pleading for a puppy--again. Poor kid. I'm not telling him about yours for a little while!

Back to childhood relics... There was nothing terribly sentimental, just a bag full of baseball pants and socks. I think you used to call them sanitaries, right? Strange name. April, I'm sorry to say your babysitter sweater didn't sell. It did start some conversations, though! One of the things that brought back memories was a white plastic colander that drained pounds and pounds of spaghetti in our Hyde Park kitchen! Another was the plastic dancing Santa. The one that brought the most joy to it's new owner was a Barbara Mandrell t-shirt. Alan's??? The new owner is a friend of ours who works at Starbucks--he thought it was just so cool! No--I take that back--the one that brought the most joy was an Anne Murray tape. One of our friends, Jim LaRue, got it for his dad, but he is secretly in love with her. His wife caught him listening to it in the car today! I'm always fascinated by what people consider treasures at garage sales.

Ben is in Chicago for a few days participating in Sonlife's leadership conference for guys who do events like YouthWAVE. We have a calm week ahead, I hope. I'm hoping to get some spring cleaning and planting done. I think Tim and Melinda are planning to come this weekend for a visit, so we're looking forward to that!

I love hearing what's going on with you all, so blog when you get a chance!

Love,
Trisha

3 Comments:

At 11:06 AM, Blogger Alan said...

Isn't it amazing that a Barbara Mandrell t-shirt is goofy enough to be cool. It makes me smile to think of that kid wearing it while serving up lattes at Starbucks.

Glad you had fun with the junk. As for the puppy dilema, our problem is the kids want to keep all four of the ones we have. At some point, you have to give in an let them have a dog. Lots of life lessons come from caring for a pet.

 
At 12:06 PM, Blogger Jill said...

What a fun garage sale - how funny about all the "relics."
Hope your weekend with Tim & Melinda goes great, and good luck with the kiddos till Ben gets home!
Love you-
jill

 
At 5:20 PM, Blogger LeeAnn said...

I need to have a major garage sale after we pack up the stuff we are keeping...I just don't know when I'll get it done! Sounds like yours went well.

lee ann

 

Post a Comment

<< Home