Brown Family Blog

This is the online journal of the Dale and Rita Brown Family.

Monday, April 25, 2005

Big Changes

Well, a lot has happened since our last post. We have made a deal on a house that needs a lot of work. It looks like we will close on Wednesday. All of us are really excited about it, but kind of nervous about all that needs to be done. I will try to post some pictures. It's a real life version of extreme makeover home edition.

We had a wonderful LifeGroup last night. Since our weekend with the LifeGroup leaders it seems that God has graced us with some really wonderful times of his presence. I have been wrestling with issues regarding the house and moving into a bigger and nicer one. One question has been, "What does Jesus think about all of this?" Another is, "Does this contribute to or detract from a community of Jesus who cares about the poor?" So I asked our LifeGroup to wrestle with my questions with me. I cannot even describe what happened. It was such a blessing. We talked about the rich young ruler, the demands of stuff and how it will all burn up. I told them how I worried about rationalizing in order to do what I wanted. I felt like God was dealing directly and authentically with us through them. Two people in particular, both of whom live in much greater need than I do, strongly affirmed that we were doing the right thing. One of them was Sandra Torres. She is a new believer and in very difficult financial circumstances. She cried when she told us that she was asking Jesus what to say. She affirmed Lee Ann and me and greatly encouraged us. She told us that if we were having trouble with the idea because of people like her that we should do it and enjoy it. We were blown away. It was an experience of church I won't soon forget. Teaching, prophetic words from God, encouragement, strengthening all happened.

Bailey is at the state golf tournament today and tomorrow. She is playing great at the first turn thanks to her new golf coach--Uncle Alan.

Lee Ann finished up clinicals last Wednesday night. 5 more tests, a move, and a major remodel and she should be able to get back to normal life.

I am really excited about the possibilities for Ben and Trisha in Odessa. Keep us informed.

Got to go. Grace,

Tod

3 Comments:

At 12:03 PM, Blogger Jill said...

Tod & Lee Ann,

Just wanted to let you know that the leadership weekend has really helped our life group, too. Marc & Leah have "facilitated" a lot of the stuff they learned into our group and our group has changed for the better.

How great that your group was able to minister to your family about the house. Sandra Torres is amazing and I'm glad God used her to bless you guys. Those are really good, honest questions about house & stuff - I ask them of myself quite a bit and it's always good grappling.

Since Ronnie's theme has been home makeovers, I think GCR should do a video spoof of Extreme Home Makeover when they start to tear out your house. You could be Ty.

 
At 5:16 PM, Blogger Mama Brown said...

Tod and Lee Ann,
We are really happy for you guys and looking forward to seeing the finished house. I love when God blesses our family, because I know that you are using it all to bless others.

 
At 10:44 PM, Blogger April Cogburn said...

I love extreme home makeovers! I KNOW you guys are doing this for the right reasons. God is going to use you and the space of your new home to bless many with ministry.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home