Brown Family Blog

This is the online journal of the Dale and Rita Brown Family.

Tuesday, March 01, 2005

Also need prayer

I had planned yesterday to post an original, happy blog today. I had a couple of jokes related to work topics. Instead, I will write about my grandmother.

She was born in the Northeast in 1911 and migrated to Texas with her family in a covered wagon. She married my grandfather and came to know the Lord in Sweetwater in the 30's. After her husband passed in 1968, she retired from working as a seamstress to spend time with her grandchildren. She was there during my tests and heart surgery as a toddler. She was the primary caregiver for me after my mother went back to work until I entered gradeschool. She always seemed to stay near her older sister, Hellen. Now, two weeks after her sister went to meet the Lord, she has followed closely behind.

She passed yesterday evening, and I got the call early this morning. April has finished packing, and she and I will be travelling this evening. Services are Thursday in Sweetwater at 2, location TBD.

It is in many ways a blessing, as she was mostly bedridden and had lost her short term memory. My aunt had cared for her in Sweetwater since the mid-90's.

It is beginning to become difficult for me, but it is also still very surreal. I'm hoping that going out there will bring closure for both. Please pray for peace and for a recollection of fond memories. We know she is with the Lord, but I also know how much my aunt and mother will grieve. Please pray for them especially, that they will not harbor regret or remorse at the close passing of their mother and aunt.

Thank you so much for your support of April and I, through these times and through our mistakes. It is such a blessing to have a loving family that is godly, truthful, and gently loving. We hope to see some of you this weekend as we drive back through Brownwood on Saturday or Sunday.

With loving regards,

-James

5 Comments:

At 8:18 PM, Blogger Jill said...

Your grandmother sounds like a wonderful lady, James. We will be thinking of you and your entire family on Thursday. We love you guys!
Cary & Jill

 
At 8:45 PM, Blogger dale brown said...

James, I am sorry for the loss of your dear grandmother. Sounds like your relationship was quite close and you will miss her. Please give my regards to your mom. I do not know the rest of the family but am aware that Jan and Nan were unusually close and also very close to their mother. We love you all. Travel safely.

Dale

 
At 11:54 PM, Blogger Trisha said...

Losing someone wonderful to you like your grandmother is a huge loss. We are so sorry for you and will be thinking of you these next several days.

Won't heaven be great?

We love you both.
Trisha

 
At 9:22 AM, Blogger Mama Brown said...

James,
We love you guys. I pray that this loss will draw your heart closer toward Home.
Randy

 
At 2:32 PM, Blogger LeeAnn said...

James,
I'm so sorry for the loss of your grandmother. No matter how old we are or what the circumstances we are still grandchildren and the loss is great. Be careful in your travels and we will be thinking of your family tomorrow.
lee ann

 

Post a Comment

<< Home