Brown Family Blog

This is the online journal of the Dale and Rita Brown Family.

Sunday, February 27, 2005

Where did this come from?

Mom and I just returned to Midland after a great time with Randy and family in Fort Worth. We went by way of the lake on Thursday night where we had breakfast with Trisha and crew Friday morning. The lake level is more than a foot above spillway and it is still raining! (Spillway crossing closed!)

I dropped Mom with Anda and the kids then went downtown for some real estate business. Trisha and family came in time for dinner. An interesting discussion of various diets and eating habits made me pretty uncomfortable but I ate well anyway. Randy and Anda insisted on giving up their bed for a night on the floor in a house full of company. We had a great time.

Breakfast at McD's with McKenna, Josiah, Luke, Alex and Katy was great fun then back to the house for Luke's birthday party with a fun-filled bug theme. Lunch together at Jason's then off to Midland in the rain the entire trip. Forgot to mention the stop and the Christian bookstore for a big bag of books related to women and time management for some reason.

What fun at tonight's championship basketball game followed by celebration of a victorious season at Swensen's ice cream place. The adult participation in the enjoyment of the "Earthquake" sundae was limited to the role of spectators.

I realize that good blogging is more that a play-by-play description of what is going on, but it is a start for an amature.

Jill's comments and the time with Randy and Anda as well as attending an ACU Lecture class with Larry James talking about ministry to the poor has got me a little introspective. It seems that my world spans a great distance - from lunch with Bob Fu from China, mission ministry meeting with the livelihood of several Brazilian ministers at stake, talk and emails about Opp Camp, and the above activities on one end and updating and remodeling our little hut, and real estate and oil deals at a level still hard for me to cope with on the other. All in the same week. It is not easy to keep focused on the really important things and keep the rest in proper perspective.

I am so blessed to have all of you with parallel life focus to share my walk with and to draw strength and wisdom from. I may appear to be mainly passive, at least when it comes to blogging, but your examples, and words, are a great inspiration and motivation for me to live my life more boldly as a disciple of Jesus Christ. Thanks.

Dad

1 Comments:

At 9:01 PM, Blogger Alan said...

Great post Dad! I often feel the same way. There are so many things that demand my attention that it is hard to focus on any one of them for very long. But it seems that life is pretty much like that. Keep blogging.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home