Brown Family Blog

This is the online journal of the Dale and Rita Brown Family.

Monday, February 28, 2005

Just Thinking Out Loud on a Blog

Trisha, thank you for your encouraging words -I really value what you think. And I am selfishly so glad that I will have personal access to the best South Beach Cook around! Please share your favorites with us. I had to laugh out loud about Alex - I can see him being the best carb-control/counter!

Randy, I really needed to hear "Follow Me." Lately, I've been thinking a lot about that rich, young ruler - begging God that won't be me. Good news is I'm not so young anymore - getting older every day. Bad news is my bank account is rising along with my age - but God can change the bank account part if He wants. Interesting to me that Jesus asks him to sacrifice first before the "follow me" part. "Sell what you possess (ownership) and give to the poor."

I have no doubt that you guys taking this job in Como is definitely a sacrifice and I am blown away by that. Funny thing is I know you two and I know how glad you are to make this sacrifice and now you're focusing on "Follow Me." I'm sure this sacrifice that He calls people to make is different for everybody - time, talents, money, reputation, self-absorbtion - no need to continue, my list of sacrificible items would be a large blog. Some of my sacrificables are strangely easy to give up and I have wanted to - thank you Holy Spirit. But does that void the sacrifice if they are not so hard to give up anymore? By definition isn't sacrifice something that might be an insty-bintsy bit painful (gasp)?

Anyway, good advice for me, Randy. Gals like me (type-A, keyed-up, "Peterish" for a girl) tend to want to do something so big and bad for the Lord that we put down our Bibles and don't have time to pray anymore about it because we're too busy doing the Lord's work. "Follow me" is better & I'm having faith in the Holy Spirit to lead the sacrificing part. He is so faithful, isn't He?

1 Comments:

At 3:26 PM, Blogger Mama Brown said...

Jill, I am so encouraged by your thoughts. It's odd that I would be because of the place I'm in right now, but your thoughts about the poor and what the Lord is revealing are so exciting! I say go for it with the Spanish! That would open doors that you haven't even dreamed of!

 

Post a Comment

<< Home