Brown Family Blog

This is the online journal of the Dale and Rita Brown Family.

Monday, February 28, 2005

Wow

I'm sitting here printing out recipes for a diet Ben and I have committed to and thought I'd just check out the blog while I wait for the printer. And once again, the mundane becomes a God moment. Thank you, Jill, for your boldness in sharing what God is putting on your heart. You are a great woman. Thank you, Dad, for being who you are and always growing. You inspire me. I'm afraid I far too often choose to neglect the poor. And thank you, Randy, for challenging me. (I should include Anda in that as well.) I think you are right--God is doing things in our family! It's exciting and scary to me all at the same time. And, like Jill, I don't exactly know what to do with it except to pray fervently for God to show me just what He wants. I love blogging with you all because you don't allow me to be content with where I am today.

On to where we are today! We enjoyed a wonderful week at the lake last week. Our church office was closed for some major construction, so Ben had to be elsewhere. What better place to go for some intense work than the lakehouse? It did rain a lot, so it made it easy for the kids to play inside and both of us to get some thinking kind of work done. We did manage to read The Boxcar Children while we were there, and Ben and the kids enjoyed the go-cart! Dad has already told you about our time in Ft. Worth. It was great. Randy and Anda threw a great bug party for Luke and were incredible hosts to us! And stimulating conversation...

We started the South Beach Diet while we were at the lake. This is the first time we've gotten serious about our health since we married, so it's about time! (One thing we've both felt the Lord saying to us is that we must be more disciplined!) I'm telling everyone because I want the accountability that comes with knowing you know! So far it's been a fun challenge to come up with creative recipes. It will be different being at home with all the busyness and temptation that is here. Alex, my ever attentive one, is going to keep us on our toes, I think. On our way home from church he wanted to know how many carbs are in Diet Coke.

You are a great family! I love you all! May God be honored by our choices this week.
Trisha

1 Comments:

At 11:30 AM, Blogger Mama Brown said...

Trisha,
I'm proud of you and Ben. We really enjoyed being with you guys this weekend, and we were inspired to eat better because of our conversation with you.
Randy

 

Post a Comment

<< Home