Brown Family Blog

This is the online journal of the Dale and Rita Brown Family.

Saturday, February 26, 2005

Things have kind of blogged down

I think this is the longest stretch without one of us posting, so I thought I would. We had a fairly quiet week this week. Connor, Reagan and Hutton are all finishing up what remains of church league and any other kind of basketball. In fact, Connor and Mitch have a championship game tonight at 7:30. We are looking forward to it. As Lee Ann said earlier, over the course of a kids life there really aren't that many championships. I am proud of our boys. Connor makes me smile. I will try to post later with a score.

Bailey started golf this week. She played in a tournament in Ft. Stockton with Midland High, Lee, Permian, Odessa and others. Their team came in 8th out of 15. They beat Permian and Odessa. It was pretty cold and rainy, but such is the way of West Texas golf.

Lee Ann got her hair highlighted this week. I love it. She is as beautiful as ever. We are really looking forward to Spring Break so that she doesn't have to go to the hospital. All in all it hasn't been too bad.

I went to the ACU lectures this week. (I posted a little blurb about it on my LifeGroup blog.) I really enjoyed it although I didn't leave completely satisfied with what we are doing as a fellowship or church. I keep thinking that we may need to break with somethings and go a whole different direction. Kent Smith is encouraging me to think more about missional house or simple church networks. He doen't think there is any other way to evangelize North America. Even if Stadia gets all their churches planted it only makes a difference in the lives of 1.4 million unbelievers. By itself that sounds impressive, but it doesn't mean much to the 300,000,000 in the U.S. who need the gospel in a way they understand from someone they can trust. These networks are popping up all over the place domestically and growing exponentially. They do seem to be more functional as representatives of Jesus in poor and unreached communities. They are reaching groups that have been considered unreachable in many "church growth" circles. In my gut I know he is right, but it is so far outside my normal range of thinking that I can hardly wrap my mind around it. It makes me think.

By the way Anda, thanks for the thoughtful post. I think I understand what you are saying perfectly.

Grace.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home