Brown Family Blog

This is the online journal of the Dale and Rita Brown Family.

Wednesday, February 16, 2005

a Luke story for your enjoyment

In case you need a little humor to lighten your day, today I had told my kids that they could have no more candy (Luke hasn't stopped eating it all week!). He sweetly asked if he could just dump out his Valentine's bag and just look at all of it and then put it back. Okay. I noticed a bit later that he seemed to be hiding behind the kitchen table, but just didn't really stop and think about what he was doing. A few minutes later, he comes out and says, "I was just sitting down over there for a little while." He looked guilty. I asked him if he had been eating candy to which he responded "no". I could tell that there was some dishonesty going on so I reminded him of how black your heart gets when you tell lies. He was clearly debating on which road he should take. I told him to go to my room so we could talk where he then told me that it was gum and not candy that he had had in his mouth. "Where's the gum?" I asked. He said he wasn't sure. Then he told me that he didn't eat it (keep in mind that I had said no candy and hadn't actually said no gum). Then he proceeds to tell me that he put it in his underwear. I'm thinking what a hilarious and dumb lie that is when he starts fishing around in his underwear and pulls out the gum wrapper. He says, "Oh. Where'd the gum go?" Then he digs around some more, locates the gum, and pulls it out. Have any of YOU ever thought to stash YOUR gum in your crotch? I thought not.

Life with Luke is NEVER dull.

Blessings,
Anda

1 Comments:

At 10:10 PM, Blogger Jill said...

This is so good - definitely a classic! Can't wait to tell my kids tomorrow - they'll love it! When is that little kiddo's birthday - is it coming up, or did I miss it? Big 4, right?
Happy Early Birthday to you, Anda! Hope your day is awesome - I will thank God for a great sister-in-law like you!
Love ya!

 

Post a Comment

<< Home