Brown Family Blog

This is the online journal of the Dale and Rita Brown Family.

Friday, October 20, 2006

Salvation and the Cardinals (in that order)

Bear with me, I'm still slightly ill with Cardinals Fever. Cary and I were up late last night watching the Cards win against the Mets to go on to the World Series - amazing, TENSE baseball game. All I could think about was, "those poor mothers of all the players - did they have to take valium before watching their sons play these games?"

My dad was watching the game in a hotel room in Nashville at a board retreat for Continent of Great Cities. I called him after the thrilling finish just to make sure he didn't have a seizure of some sort somewhere in the 9th inning. He answered the phone - a little "high" sounding, but well.

Today, I tried to jump his heart rate again when I gave him an early birthday present......tickets to the World Series. I think he cried a little. After all these years of LOVING the Cardinals, he's never been to a World Series. I figured it was high time.

He and Mitch will get to see game #3 and #4 in St. Louis - next Tuesday and Wednesday night. Wednesday is my dad's 64th birthday -I think he'll have a good one.

My dad explained how happy he was to have Mitch going with him so he could "ensure" the passing down of Cardinals loyalty. It is very important to him to make sure this love for the Cardinals would go on into the next generation....seriously - I'm not kidding. Right up there, or let's say "close to," believing in Jesus and accepting Him as Savior is the lineage of being a Cardinals fan. If game #4 in the World Series doesn't do it, I'm not sure what will.

1 Comments:

At 3:01 PM, Blogger Rita said...

What a perfect birthday gift for Terry!! Jill, you are amazing. How in the world did you get the tickets? I really need to hear about the gmae 7--we only saw some headlines about a homerun. Mitch, you will have to tell me all about that game and your world series' games. Wow!!!

 

Post a Comment

<< Home