Brown Family Blog

This is the online journal of the Dale and Rita Brown Family.

Friday, October 20, 2006

Great Day--Luggage Arrived!!!

Well, we spent the morning in Santorini, Greece. It was a beautiful day. Everywhere we go they tell us that they have had terrible storms and rain until we arrive. So far we have had gorgeous weather.

The really good news is that when we got back to the room I was stunned to see all three suitcases in our room. They had tape and tags in every direction, but they finally made it. I was almost afraid to open them; they had obviously gotten wet, probably in Houston. Everything was fine, and it was wonderful to have a different outfit, my own makeup and toiletries, and different shoes. However, it will change our identity since we have become known as one of the two couples who have no luggage. The other couple got two of their three suitcases, but not the one with their nice clothes. They were very disappointed. They disembark tomorrow. We are really happy not to have to pack tonight since we just unpacked this afternoon. :)

The cruise is great. We feel like we are just beginning to relax and enjoy it. Tomorrow we do Athens while most of the ship is disembarking. Since we have been to Athens before, we will probably do it rather low key.

I need to hear more details about Hutton's game. Thanks, Lee Ann for the report on Connor's game. How is his ankle? I guess it must be better since he got to play. Alan and Holly, how are the house guests? How is your house coming along? Jill and Cary, congratulations on the Cardinals. I hear it was quite exciting. I think Jill may now be hooked on baseball. I hope Jill is enjoying the days between ladies' class. Wednesdays and Thursdays are always my best days. Then the pressure starts building again. Thanks again.

Happy Birthday Elijah!!! You are two years old. I can't wait to see you now that you are so big!!! I have hugs waiting for you. Ben, Greece is beautiful. It is fun to think we have a Greek son-in-law.

Bailey, our guide yesterday said she was the oldest of 15 cousins, and she took care of all of them. She says they all adored her, and they still call her for advice and help with their own children now. I told her that she would really like our Bailey girl.

Reagan, play well for me tomorrow. I will be thinking about you and waiting for a detailed report of your runs, your tackles, your blocking, and anything else you decide to do. You will do great!!! I only wish we could go celebrate with you.

Let me know about the MCS game in Perryton. I think we are planning to get to Fort Worth somehow right after we get home. Yesterday the "theater" we visited in Ephesus was also where the gladiators fought. I thought, "How awful!", and then I remembered football! Hmm. We don't go for the total kill, but I'm sure some would find our sport a little excessive. I can't wait to get back to some good football games.

I will stop rambling. Our internet minutes are also excessive. I love you all. Stay in touch. Love, mom

1 Comments:

At 9:07 PM, Blogger Jill said...

So happy you got all of your luggage - whew! Enjoy your clothes!
Your day in Ephesus and Greece sounded wonderful. Great description of the ancient ruins in Ephesus - I know the pics will be great!

 

Post a Comment

<< Home