Brown Family Blog

This is the online journal of the Dale and Rita Brown Family.

Wednesday, October 18, 2006

Rocking and Rolling in the Mediterranean

Dear Kids,
We really are rocking and rolling. The seas were fairly calm during the day today--beautiful--but tonight they are really rough again. They cancelled the show for tonight for the sake of the safety of the dancers. The fog horn is blasting every few minutes. As far as I know, there are no icebergs in the area. :)

Our luggage is reported to be in Naples, Italy. How nice! They say we may get it by the end of the week. We are wearing our smiles and the clothes we were wearing when we boarded the plane in Midland last Sunday. They loaned Dad a jacket for the formal night tonight. I donned my pearls and felt just fine. At night we give them everything to launder and dry clean and they bring them back in the morning. That is a nice service they are providing for us. We have the terry robes while we wait. Tell Katy that my dress may get here for next week.

Today I went to 2 photography classes. Both were really good, but one was exceptional by a man who has pictures hanging in museums.

I heard Jill did a great job covering for me in ladies' class. I also hear Alan and Holly have company at our house. When will Bailey hear from her SAT test? How did the kids do in the "clot trot"?

Tomorrow we have a private tour of ancient Ephesus. I am going to read my Bible references in preparation. I think it will be good to be on land again. (Everyone on the ship walks like "drunken sailors.")

Oh, last night we ate with the retired president of the Hershey chocolate company and his wife whose grandkids call her 'Bubba". He is 'Grandfather' and our visit was quite interesting.

Also, our little Philippino waiter came up to us and asked us quietly what "fellowship" we were with. I guess he saw us praying and put that together with the no wine. I don't know. He said they have about 30 "born again Christians" on the staff including the cruise director and his wife who meet on Wednesdays and Sundays. He said they had never had a guest join them before, but maybe it would be alright. We may see if we can join them on Sunday.

Please keep us posted. We love emails and the blog. Love you all, mom

P.S. Our time is about 8 hours later right now I think. (It is 9:20 pm here right now I think--only a little after one pm there I think.)

Dad says: Mom about covered the current status here. We looked at the art for the auction today but did not see anything that 'spoke to us'. Watching a video with Steve Martin and Queen Latifa seemed more our syle.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home